Favourite Trek Couple

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Sep 18, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would love to be told I am better than sand! Why I would just swoon and fall into the sand-hater's arms!

Me. A person like me. Better than sand :adore:

2. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

Don't forget "Are you an angel?" That kid was mackin' when he was like 9 yrs old

3. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That really is something, though: Annie's nuts had yet to drop and already, The Force is guiding him to hit on Padme - the 14 year old elected queen of all she surveyed! Lucky for her, both of them were still, like ... underaged ... otherwise it would've caused a commotion - a scandal - and Senator Palpatine would've had no choice but to put her political ambitions on ice! Wow ... George Lucas went down some dark roads, in the STAR WARS prequels. Did he not?

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ouch!!! ... Very ouch. Miles ain't no Orlando Bloom, that's true, but ... he's solid, dependable and trustworthy. If that doesn't cry out "Marriage Material," I don't know what else does! And besides, it was always comforting seeing him at the transporter controls, on TNG. I would've never begrudged him a bride of his choosing ...

5. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Eeeewww. Please don't remind me of that scene. Or come to think of it that awful movie.

And Miles never cheated unlike (perhaps) Orlando Bloom. I don't think Miles is a bad guy but if its based purely on looks you've got to give it to Keiko over Miles.
    Miles promised Keiko the stars and all she got was a dangerous, mouldy Space Station and years of separation (though that might have been a good thing for the marriage).

6. PicardSpeedo

PicardSpeedo Commander Red Shirt

You all are forgetting the fact that Keiko was nuts well before their marriage. Watch "Data's Day" if you need a memory refresh. Unrestrained, irrational, unprovoked Keiko-rage on display through the bulk of the episode, followed by mournful, funerary-atmosphere Keiko-coordinated wedding at the end.

7. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Not at all. Keiko, as written in that episode, would just be considered a minor Bridezilla today.

8. Vulcan linguist

Vulcan linguist Ensign Newbie

I love the idea of Reed/Trip, but Archer/Trip is, as you say, a much more obvious pairing. Reed, I fear, is far too repressed to give any serious consideration in slash pairings. I imagine Archer and Trip, on the other hand, chilling in the captain's quarters, maybe watching some water polo, and one thing leads to another... :luvlove:

9. teacake

Reed and Hayes. It's everything perfect and fine in the world.

10. teacake

I thought that was kind of sweet..

Orlando Bloom? Since when was he a measuring stick for husbands?

11. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Archer and Trip. Reed and Hayes.
    Everybody wins.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I think you mean Ben-Hur, not Spartacus.

(Sorry. I'm a compulsive editor.)

Also, elsewhere in this thread, the "fair maiden" bit with Sulu and Uhura is from "The Naked Time," not "Mirror, Mirror."

My work here is done. You may now return to your regularly schedule thread . . . .

13. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

You're right it is Ben Hur. I've even seen Ben Hur, but maybe not the old Spartacus movie.