Cartoon Network Returning Genre Shows Sat AM

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cylkoth, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't think this has been posted yet, but here's what Cartoon Network had to say on Twitter today:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/257214071869423617

Love the responses in there! :lol: So, it looks like hiatus until January; no official reason given. Some have speculated that this has happened because of the unexpected ratings dominance of Nick's new TMNT show. Basically, Cartoon Network is falling back to regroup before they burn all of their new content against something they can't beat right now.

I've heard no release dates, but could it be they're going to expand DC Nation to a 2 hour block with the new Batman show in January? Pure speculation on my part. Unfortunately, Cartoon Network has a bad history with their shows (as we've discussed in this thread), but I hope that they will at least finish airing what they have.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

But TMNT airs after the DC stuff ends (at least here in AZ) so I don't see why that would affect that stuff.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know how the minds of such people work but maybe they feel that TMNT strengthens the whole Nick Saturday lineup to the point that it weakens CN's? *shrugs*

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just hope they don't decide to put it up against The Turtles and/or Korra, because I really like them and would hate to have to pick between the two networks.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

My DVR has two heads.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Looks like DC animation fans just got pawned this week!

Who knew TMNT was still so big? :eek:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been enjoying it. But I wouldn't want to lose DC Nation because of it.

8. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Its really too bad that CN pulled the episodes. Now that I've seen them, they were really very good.

The Steam Lantern episode was fun and it suggests that Allan Scott could turn up at some point.

YJ Invasion, as always, was awesome. I'm very excited to see where it goes and who is really pulling all of the strings.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Where did you see them?

10. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Before the Dawn was put up on iTunes. I don't know if it is still there, but there are other ways to get it.

11. CorporalCaptain

You know, what you said about the Steam Lantern episode is a spoiler. :klingon:

12. Gotham Central

Perhaps...but its not really plot point, was more of an oblique reference. But fair enough.

The Young Justice ep has the potential for similar references, but since they are more inferred and not actually mentioned in the ep...I decided not to mention them. Though the fan boars have lit up with a few possibilities.

13. CorporalCaptain

I'd like to monitor this thread for news about when DC nation will come back on the air, but I really don't want to be spoiled further about the contents of the episodes.

May I request that spoiler tags be used, if people feel that they must spill the beans?

Thanks!

14. Gotham Central

It's still on iTunes. I doubt that it will get pulled. Why make things worse with the fans given what's happened. Plus since its already been made available on iTunes, that guarantees that it will be available via other means. WB/CN gain nothing by pushing already irrate fans away from legal purchases.

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool, thanks for the head's up. Glad I'll at least get to see the Steam Lantern episode before the show disappears forever. lol

16. Psylent1

Psylent1 Captain Captain

Someone at IO9 was saying DC is having licensing problems with the Milestone characters, anyone know if this is true?

17. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

DC bought Milestone a few years back. Hard to see how licensing issues would come into play.

18. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Also wouldn't affect Green Lantern if Milestone were a problem, and Green Lantern was pulled too.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they might have pulled Before The Dawn and Steam Lantern from ITunes. Or at least I couldn't find them anywhere.

20. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The sudden rescheduling of the DC Nation Block was just awful.

Cartoon Network lucked into two very decent shows in both Young Justice & Green Lantern and to yank both after just a few new episodes after an already lengthy hiatus wasn't a very smart move on the network's part.

This has behind the scenes fiasco written all over it sadly.

At least, thanks to the internet, we're able to see both series most recent episodes...

The reveal of the Light's partner and how it ties into some other storylines was well done.

"Steam Lantern" was a bit of a one-off and seemed like a token attempt to bring Steampunk into the show, yet the mention of a Green Lantern in a red shirt with a cape was a nice touch.