The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's quite a leap to say that Lizzie is the one who killed Karen and David just because she treats the Walkers like pets. I mean that's a pretty damn huge leap. And I certainly doubt she has the skills to vivisect an animal.

I still buy that Carol killed Karen and David, again, she owned up up pretty easily and quickly and even seemed to have good reasons and justification on doing it.

On the vivisection and who was feeding the Walkers at the fence? I'm thinking Bob.

2. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It’s also purely speculation that Doctor Bob was experimenting on a virus to “kill” the zombies and was using the rats to do it. And feeding the rats to the zombies to test it. Of course, their being dead makes transmission difficult.

It could explain why people got a “flu” and died--Bob’s experiment. And why the prior groups he was with all died. Prior experiments. Maybe he’s immune?

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Oh shit. Not the immunity thing again. If there's one thing I would put good money on being in the top ten rules of the writer's bible for the series is that no one is immune.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Agreed. Though I guess it's "possible" some people can have natural immunities.

5. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see why people are conflating the rat-feeding and vivisection with killing Karen and David. I'm willing to buy Lizzie doing the former, but I don't have any reason to think Carol didn't do the latter.

And honestly, I wouldn't say she's that great of a shot. It's not as though... umm... ex-army girl... made a very difficult target, standing there like that as if in shock a child drew on her.

Why? All it takes is some practice and steady hands with a knife.

QFT. Lack of a cure, too.

6. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So stuff the immunity angle.

What about the rest? That he’s looking for a killer virus? Though I think that would occupy too much story time, and is not likely given where we left everyone. He’s got no place to continue.

But I hope they answer about the rats things: who was feeding them to the walkers and who was vivisecting one?

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Maybe somebody who we don't know. There may have been places in the prison that they hadn't yet explored.

8. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Not the least bit surprised about that. ^ Pleased, but not surprised.

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

AMC will celebrate this achievement by cutting the budget again.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

And firing the producer.

12. Silvercrest

Season 5 will consist of the group holed up in an old warehouse surrounded by hordes of zombies. Most of the tension will come from the group members arguing about what to do next, their lack of supplies, whether it counts as "cannibalism" if the victim has already turned, and who has the mustard. Occasionally there will be a break-in, but only one zombie can get in at a time to save on makeup costs. The writers will justify this by saying that the group is low on ammo.

Oh yeah: before that, the current cliffhanger will be resolved when the scattered group members all take refuge in different parts of the same warehouse and don't realize it. (Fortunately, all the rooms look alike, so they can just keep redressing the same set.) There will be a series of gun battles, blowing away various random characters, until they realize they're shooting at each other. That's why they're low on ammo.

13. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't forget Spaghetti Tuesdays. NEVER forget Spaghetti Tuesdays.

Mark

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that all sounds about right given the way AMC has been treating the show these last few years.

15. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Only if it's on Wednesdays.

16. Silvercrest

Okay, so that's what they'll argue about in the warehouse. 1) Should Spaghetti Tuesday really be on Tuesday after all, 2) Have we found any spaghetti yet, 3) What day is it anyway, and 4) Is walker ichor an acceptable substitute for spaghetti sauce.

That should take up a half-season right there. The other half can be the hunt for Parmesan cheese.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

The Big Bad for the season will be "The Supervisor."

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

19. Morfius

Morfius Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've never much cared for zombie movies. So I only recently watched this series. I don't know why zombies suddenly appeal to me. (Perhaps because I feel I am being worked to death? Perhaps because it was filmed in my homeland?)

Any way, I have a theory. There seems to be a contradiction in that everyone who dies becomes a Walker, but also people who are bit become walkers. What if the zombification factor (virus/bacteria/god flipped a switch) that turns everyone who dies is a separate thing from the illness you get if a walker bites you. What if the walker bite only kills you and the separate zombification factor turns you after you die?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  20. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Highlighted part confuses me. It says the same thing twice, yet you seem to be distinguishing them. Very confusing. Might be able to discuss if you sort out what you're trying to say by writing clearly.