Voyager Fanfics, Creations, and Favorite Videos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 6, 2005.

1. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

One of my absolute favorites of hers, JR!

:sigh:

She really nailed the scene choices.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What is all the :sigh: for?

3. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Why? :shrug:

Maybe because I'm well into the sixth season of my Xena recap... and Xena's relationship... be it "friendship" or something much more :alienblush:... with Gabrielle is ever so much more defined and dare I suggest healthy than anything our dear dear Kathryn was allowed to have during her 7 years on Voyager.

I :sigh: because it hurts to much to :lol: and I'm too old to :wah:

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Posts 780 and 781 have :sigh: 's I don't understand. Not sure if had anything to do with Xena.

I thought Janeway's potential for a relationship with Chakotay was very well established, as in well past dubious subtext level. She just made a decision not to pursue it for all kinds of (most likely noble) reasons. I also think the subtext of possibility with 7 is clearly there in some episodes, another relationship not pursued. It happens all the time, you work with someone who you get along with, have an attraction to that is perhaps markedly different than what attracted you to your current partner, and you are aware that in another time, another place, you may have pursued a relationship with that person. It's not even a temptation, just a possibility that this time and place doesn't allow.

I know many discount the 7 possibility because of J's maternal feelings but I was thinking about this the other night and it hit me that many women end up attracted to a man they see as needy or broken or vulnerable, part of the attraction is being able to comfort and/or fix them. Sometimes it is utterly dysfunctional, sometimes just a dynamic in that relationship and works out fine. I don't see the 7 dynamic as any different.

Anyway this was all to say that yes, VOY didn't give J much of anything romance wise but I think the potential (C) and the possibility (7) that was present was quite established. Certain more than other ships such as Archer/T'Pol.

5. JanewayRulz!

^^

Ah yes, she chose not to pursue them, and we as the audience are left to assume that like all Ships captains, she's doing the noble thing... being true to her ship and not to herself.

But unlike any other starship Captain, she was placed in a position she "most likely" would never get out of without divine intervention. Traveling 75,000 light years usually means 70 years... which means she's either dead long before her ship get home or they are ALL dead long before her ship gets home.

Now, even Picard wasn't "totally faithful" to his ship in the years he captained the Enterprise... and he wasn't under the stresses Janeway was under during her tenure.

So one would assume that she would naturally rethink her early decision to not "pair off" (Elogium) as the years went by. We even get the hint in season 4's "Hunters" that she WAS starting to reconsider that decision...

JANEWAY: It's all right. You can say it. On top of all that, I got a Dear John letter. It wasn't really a surprise. I guess I didn't really expect him to wait for me considering the circumstances. It made me realize that I was using him as a safety net, you know, as a way to avoid becoming involved with someone else.

And then in season 5 we starting seeing those intimate dinners in her quarters with her XO, the first one was the most memorable...

JANEWAY: Long enough, we've waited long enough. I know it's a risk, probably our biggest one yet but I'm willing to take it. Are you with me?
    CHAKOTAY: Always.

But other than the touchy feely Janeway in season 5's "The Fight"... and the hand holding scene in season 6's "Unimatrix Zero" part 1... we don't really get to see any progress in their relationship. Heck, we don't get to see much progress in their friendship.

Yes, it was a conscious decision on the part of the actress to stop "that" in the writer's room, but I still just shake my head at it. Was it just distrust of what a Trek writer would have her do?

Admiral Janeway... the original one, was wounded by the choices she made. She tried to change time to save Chakotay, and Seven, and Tuvok and 22 others... but there was someone else she SHOULD have saved... and I DON'T MEAN Joe Carey! :eek:

She never realized that in all her planning, all her temporal machinations...she never considered trying to save "herself". :vulcan:

Oh well. :rolleyes:

That's why I write/read fan fic. ;)

6. froot

I was mostly sighing because it was unrealized love. (I think Janeway made the right call, though, much as it pains me. If they had broken up, HOLY COW would things have gotten messy.)

Countless nightly dinners aside, I submit both "Workforce" and "Shattered" as pretty darn good examples of their friendship in the later part of the show. When Chakotay wanted to undo the brainwashing and was undercover, he went straight to Kathryn to try and get her help. The scene where he was wounded and she was helping him out in the dark apartment is awesome (and often overlooked, IMO!) And when Chakotay became unstuck in time, he again looked for Kathryn to help sort things out. The fact that she was a Kathryn from seven years prior didn't faze him a bit. He knew he could trust her.

She tried to throw him in the brig and he just stubbornly turned right back around and found her a second time!

7. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

8. JanewayRulz!

^^ I always love it when VORIK outmanuevers Tom in the beach party simulation! :rommie:

"I'm a believer!"

9. JanewayRulz!

Vas does it AGAIN!!!!

J/T BFF

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlOMEI9_T8M&feature=feedu[/yt]

10. JanewayRulz!

11. froot

GARGH. I love this one to teeny tiny pieces. Janeway and Tuvok are my favorite BFFS. Well done, Vas!

This one... well, I don't know. I hesitate to call it a "favorite," but perhaps it will invoke a giggle or two. It's certainly something no one else has ever tried before... :lol: Plus, I mean, the guy actually hinged the nacelles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yEU3l_XdkI

EDIT: It reminds me of the time I tried to reenact a Star Trek episode with Littlest Pet Shop toys and a handheld camera. Nostalgia...

12. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

OMG!

I was just thinking yesterday that since they have and Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Harry Potter Lego games their next project should be Star Wars! :)

13. froot

OMG WHY DON'T THEY HAVE THAT?!

I don't want it to be reboot, though :(

14. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

It doesn't have to be.

It could be like select few stories from each of the seasons

City on the Edge of Forever, Best of Both Worlds/Chain of Command, Emissary, Caretake, Year of Hell, Dark Frontier for examples.

Oh, and the movies.

15. T.D. Possum

Vas, I'm sorry I didn't get to see your video until just now. Don't know how I missed it. Anyway, I love it!

LEGO! Thanks for posting this, Froot! You know how I love me some Lego!

16. JanewayRulz!

I just shared this with the sexy thread. It has so many good things in it, I can't point them out without going second by second!

I must say, I LOVE that look Janeway gives the EMH at 0:10 !!!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKpBIoyzJj0[/yt]

17. vas2009

vas2009 Captain Captain

http://youtu.be/vy7uyH_mFTo

Did we talk about this!!! OMG Possum I LOVE IT!!! This must ave took a long time. I thinkk you did this in a very creative way and the "images" moved so well with the music. Excellent job. :D

18. T.D. Possum

Haha, yes, LORD, it took me ages to make - two weeks just to gather the screencaps - had to start it over three times - I thought I was going to LOSE MY MIND.

On the plus side, I got to spend hours and hours looking very specifically at Janeway's hips and hands.

I am glad you liked it, Vas - your kind words warm my little Possum heart.

19. JanewayRulz!

I love the way she ended it, and the disclaimer she put on it... "NSFW" if you're a Tak Tak. :lol:

This vid if for fans of Voy AND Enterprise.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0nBBKnJDE&NR=1[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0nBBKnJDE&NR=1

And if you like the song but not the subject matter, then try this version as a J/7 vid.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOOTU5sO1oA&feature=related[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOOTU5sO1oA&feature=related

20. T.D. Possum

:lol: That was actually inspired by Froot observing how very offensive it would be to them.