How do you deal with Depression?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely a high five from me! :)

2. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

I deal with my depression in such a way that I try to block the feelings. I've dealt with chronic depression for 13 years and I learned to put on a happy face so people don't worry about me. In the end, that happy face becomes part of me and I almost forget how much I hurt inside. I try to surround myself with friends and immerse myself in my work to distract myself from depressing feelings. I have to do this every minute of every day because if I don't, I will feel so down that I'll have to be hospitalized; because I become a danger to myself and others.

3. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_analysis_system_of_psychotherapy

Try and find a therapist that knows how to do it. It is the only thing demonstrated to work with CD and the only thing that has ever helped me.:techman:

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

LIFE IS WEIRD.

So I emailed that ex of mine I have talked in this thread. Told her about this new girl and gave a little apology. I got a Facebook friend request from her.

I was very surprised to see her boyfriend proposed to her yesterday. They are engaged!

She is the one who I said rushes into relationships. She last year said all the time she things marriage is a joke. I hope she is happy. I got issues, she got her own issues.

5. Tora Ziyal

^We all do. And, yes, life is weird. Very weird.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

We probably know the same woman. ;)

7. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

I may have to look into that because I've never had much luck with therapists and/or antidepressants. Thanks for that.

Holy crap! Really? I agree with you. Life is weird....super weird.

8. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

Honestly, not very well.

I just wait until it passes and try to be thankful and enjoy the times I am happy.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

She told me they are not rushing things. They are aiming for a 2016 wedding.....

I know this happens but I am always dubious of longterm engagments. I think people like the idea of being engaged more than being sure of marriage. Otherwise why wait?

I worry about her daughters who are 7 and 11. He also has to younger daughters. They are already all living together after only knowing each for around a year. They are going to become attached to him and his family. What if this does not last???? It will be like another divorce for them to go through even if there never is an actual marriage.

10. Tora Ziyal

They've known each other a year? IMO, that's not terribly fast. But I do understand your concerns about the kids.