The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    My town had a Disney Store until a few years ago but it shut down and we haven't had one since, and ever since the Disney buyout of Lucasfilm the store's actually had a lot of toys and collectibles I'd love to get and tends to stock them in good quantities (unlike most of the big box retail chains these days).

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Trying to decide if I should spend the 80$ for the POP TNG crew

3. cooleddie74

I picked up three new Star Wars figures earlier today, all from Wave 2 of the 3.75" Rebels/Saga Legends line:

1 x TIE Pilot (Rebels animated)
    1 x Clone Commander Gree
    1 x Plo Koon

They're just 5-POA figures with limitations and missing paint apps and other details, but for what they are they look pretty nice and the TIE Pilot really nails the look of the characters as they're depicted in the new TV series. It's easily the best of these three figures.

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

5. cooleddie74

Those do look pretty awesome! I don't collect Bandai and never have bought any of their stuff but they do make some truly amazing Star Wars product.

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

finally picked up Superior Spidey. he's pretty neat.

[​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

I don't collect Marvel characters but I've never seen nor heard of that Spidey figure before. Is he a 6" release or even larger?

8. Saga

six inch from the Marvel Legends line. in the comics Doctor Octopus took over the body of Peter Parker. this is the costume he used during that time.

9. cooleddie74

Ah, okay, gotcha. Thanks!

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Found a 6" Tie Pilot at Walgreens. Yoda still eludes me, but I maintain hope.

Also, thank you Saga for removing one of last year's peg warming Spider-Man figures and making room for the new ones coming soon.

11. Saga

12. cooleddie74

Congrats on finding that 6" TIE Pilot. He's easily the best figure in his wave assortment even though I have the Yoda and I like him, too.

I picked up some loose and carded figures earlier today at my friend's local toy shop, a mix of POTF2 (1998), Saga Collection (2006) and Legacy Collection (2008-10) characters I either didn't already have or wanted extras of.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most of us have mentioned Superior Spidey in the thread before...must've just forgotten him @CoolEddie.

I got the "Pizza" Marvel Legends Infinite Series Spider-Man Classic Spider-Man and he's outstanding. I'm pretty much planning to get the entire line now, which will be a first for me.

14. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

HEY!

I have that whole series, except for Black Cat & Carnage...good thing I was still able to complete the Green Goblin build a figure without 'em.

15. cooleddie74

I don't have the best memory when it comes to most Marvel action figures. Yeah, that definitely sounds like something I'd forget after reading it multiple times. :)

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, I got a Superior Spider-Man too, and even posted pics. Don't sweat it. If it's not something you collect, one cannot expect you to remember.

od0_ital I wasn't knocking the figures. They're Marvel Legends! They're one of the greatest toy lines ever, and will continue to be favorite. It's just, a year later and there's still so many of them sitting there.

17. cooleddie74

I saw the Rebels AT-DP Driver at a local flea market but the seller wanted $15 for him. I politely took a pass. I'm not paying that much for a 5-POA figure even if he is brand new and cool-looking.

18. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. cooleddie74

Very cool. :) I really like the animated Clone Wars version of Count Dooku and almost all of the realistic, movie-style figures of his character are pretty great. Thanks for sharing that photo and feel free to post more if you have them!

20. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

We went to the National Museum of Play this weekend, had a great time. They have a great collection of kids toys but this really caught my eye.
    [​IMG]