Convention Circuit - Least Favorite Person Associated With Trek?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Jeff Tube, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Both Creation and Hobbystar (their Canadian counterpart) could care less about that; that's why things like overcrowding and bad scheduling happen (in addition to the rough and rude treatment of people who line up for autographs and other nastiness that goes on at corporate-run cons like these.) None of this ever happened at the fan-run ones that I've been going to for most of my life, which should tell you something about those.

2. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Im a little disappointed reading about Brent Spiner in this thread as Data is my all time favorite Trek character! Kind of expected it about Shatner and Beltran though...if I saw Beltran treating people like crap, I'd probably shout "Chakotay sucks!"

Id really love to meet Picardo and DeLancie! The only famous person I've ever met is "Weird Al" Yankovic(hes a hell of a nice guy if youre wondering).

I'd almost be afraid to meet Johnathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis...because I know Id start gushing about Gargoyles.

If I ever got Patrick Stewart's autograph, Id ask him to write "There are four lights!"

I doubt a poor shmoe like me could ever afford to go to a convention though...

Has anyone ever asked Brent Spiner how a super intelligent android couldnt tell Spot was female until she got pregnant?

3. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Also. I didnt see any mention of Colm Meany in the entire thread...I guess he doesnt do the convention thing?

4. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

From what I gather, no he doesn't.

5. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

I`ve met him and he didn`t treat the fans. He was very friendly, polite, charming and entertaining and honest in answering the questions.
    And even when a woman asked him very rude a question he answered very friendly and with a smile on his face.
    Later during the autographsession he talked a bit, said hello, shaked hands, joked with the kids and so on.
    After meeting him I liked him even more than befor.

6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Goodness, that's quite an experience with Manu. He was out here last year with Jeri Ryan, and I found him quite friendly and entertaining. Perhaps he grew up a lot over the years or perhaps you caught him on one hell of a bad day.

I've had mostly good experiences. Wang and Dorn were quite fun, Ryan was charming (though damned expensive), Sirtis was friendly if a bit prone to swearing, de Lancie was a little cold but didn't charge for photos (and I was, shamefully, inadvertently rude to him - he would have been entitled to have a go at me, but didn't).

7. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I met Colm and got a 10x8 signed at an event in Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom almost a year ago exactly. An extremely friendly and personable chap judging by my brief rendezvous!

http://www.trebleaceevents.co.uk/events/the-greatest-show-in-the-galaxy.html

8. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

I was at that show too, and found him a reasonably pleasant fellow for the few moments I was with him. Though I hear once or twice it all got a bit much for him and he went back to his hotel for a lie-down... :rolleyes:

9. WisTrekFan

WisTrekFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The only Trek actor I've ever met was William Windom back in the early 1980's. He was in town to do a one man show at the local university that I attended and I met him while I was out with friends at one of the local watering holes. He couldn't have been nicer. He signed Commodore Decker on a menu for me. I still have it.