Circumstantial Evidence?/Why did spock end up in alt. universe?[Merge]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by GeneHunt, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Re: Circumstantial Evidence?/Why did spock end up in alt. universe?[Me

As a matter of fact, they don't. That's why they're so cranky. They find themselves stuck in limbo. Do they move forward with the franchise? They don't want to, but they've got nothing else. They understand capitalism, and they understand whining on the internet won't bring the past back, but they've got nothing else.

NuTrek or find something else? It's a decision many of them just refuse to make at this time. So, do expect the frustration and unrelated-to-the-thread-topic whining to continue.

2. I-Am-Zim

I-Am-Zim Captain

I'm not cranky. I actually have a pretty good attitude. I've never intentionally insulted or called anyone names or made any blatant derogatory comments toward anyone. I actually rather enjoy a good discussion, when it is civilized, that is. And I personally have plenty more than this. That's why I only visit every few days. Unlike some, I actually do have a life:).

Huh? So NuTrek is the only thing in the world worth entertaining oneself with? I think not. I have all three seasons of TOS and TOS-R on DVD as well as all 10 Star Trek movies. Not to mention all six Star Wars movies and the original Clone Wars from Cartoon Network, Farscape, Firefly, UFO, Surface, Invasion, and many many others on DVD for my enjoyment. I also have a wife and two amazing children that are way more important in my life than any bull$tuff that goes on here. I prefer to put STXI at the very extreme bottom of my list simply because it is not Star Trek for me. That is my opinion. Like it or not. I have no problem with you putting JJA and his JJ-Trek on a pedistal. But I don't treat you like a second or third class citizen for it.

Once again, it is you and yours who are constantly posting "unrelated-to-the-thread-topic" whining on this particular thread. Read the OP's original posts. Then rethink that last sentence.

I would love nothing more than to see this thread actually get back on topic. But alas, as long as the JJ-Lovers are around to spew degradations at the rest of us, that won't happen.

3. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Still waiting for your "proof" that Abrams said he hated Star Trek.

While we're at it you can also show me where I called you a name.

4. I-Am-Zim

I-Am-Zim Captain

Honestly, the only name you've called me is "troll". On numerous occasions. Which I do not appreciate since it was highly erroneous. Others have done worse.

As far as JJA hating Star Trek, I'll have to find the quote. He did say he hated Kirk and Spock until he got into directing and shooting the movie, then he "loved" them. I suppose he loved them after he was able to change them into what he wanted them to be. Again, don't fret, I shall find it. It may take a day or two. It was in one of the really early interviews from before the pictures even came out. So it'll take some digging.

But seriously, this thread needs to get back on topic without the movies proponents constantly derailing things. How 'bout it?

5. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Zim, the assertion that JJ Abrams hated Star Trek is factually incorrect. He HAS made statements that while he was aware of Kirk and McCoy growing up, he was more into Star Wars than Star Trek.

That is, for some reason, commonly related to mean that he somehow "hated Star Trek".

Also, he never "hated" Kirk and Spock, he just didn't quite get them as characters, until he'd made the movie, and come to know what they were about, then he came to love the characters.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, well, until he changed them anyway...

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Closing for review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.