The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aside from the obvious Capullo designs...I'm also very excited for the articulation. That was the one aspect of the New 52 Justice League figures I was disappointed on (with perhaps the exception of Batman). I'm hoping we get an Aaron Kruder Superman with the Designer line. He's become one of my new favourite artists. I still want a Cliff Chiang Wonder Woman too.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Want!

This thing looks and sounds pretty great. :cool:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5_WnRlG-U[/yt]

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hello Kitty and hello, Kitty.

[​IMG]

The Black Knight loves Hello Kitty! Pryde thinks he's a dork. :p

[​IMG]

4. cooleddie74

Hello Kitty has never been more action-packed or thrilling. Nice. :)

5. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is the red piece added, in case it gets mistaken for a real gun?

6. cooleddie74

^
    That's what I thought at first (it is, after all, family-friendly Disney Store merchandise we're talking about) but it's actually the red translucent plastic where the blaster lights up when you fire it.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5YooAzacs[/yt]

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not an action figure (didn't know where else to put it), but inspired by a recent re-read of New Excalibur. Captain Britain and Pete Wisdom were snarling at each other the entire issue ("I'm the boss!" "No, I am!") and in this panel I was sure they were going to drop their trousers and get a ruler. So I added a caption...

[​IMG]

Boys, PLEASE. (Actually, the girls on the team were even worse...)

8. cooleddie74

9. cooleddie74

San Diego Comic-Con exclusive packaging for the 6" Black Series version of Jabba the Hutt. This one will come with a cardboard dais and a Salacious Crumb figure sculpted to appropriate scale. The standard retail version of Jabba will be packaged in a more conventional window box, lack the dais and may or may not include Salacious Crumb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

My, what lovely packaging that I will never own.

11. cooleddie74

I know the feeling. It's impressive, but not impressive enough to justify the overinflated price and complications of buying the thing.

I'll wait until the regular retail version hits stores and then hope he's adequately stocked.

12. cooleddie74

The upcoming 6" Speeder Bike with Biker Scout. This might be even more popular than the Jabba, and this one doesn't have any Comic-Con exclusive packaging to track down.

[​IMG]

13. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Here are some dolls of Prince Andrew, Sarah Duchess of York, and Prince William. Note the detail on Sarah's train. These are Danbury Mint dolls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sarah's train is nearly 5 feet long.

14. C. Cole-Chakotay

Here is Prince Charles and the little Bridesmaid dolls by Danbury Mint. They go with the Princess Diana doll I posted earlier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. cooleddie74

I never knew they made wedding dolls of both Andrew and Fergie. Interesting.

16. C. Cole-Chakotay

I didn't know either until a few weeks ago. I then went on the hunt and found my set really cheap. :) Danbury Mint is in the process of putting out a Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge set. It also includes the Pippa Middleton doll, bridesmaid dolls, and Prince Harry doll. I will pass on these. They look lovely, but I have no where to set them.

17. cooleddie74

Looks like the Black Series is about to get its very first 3.75" figure multipack set.

8 super articulated figures, an AT-ST Scout Walker and all the related weapons and accessories? This exclusive (Toys "R" Us) won't come cheap - at all - but it looks pretty great.

[​IMG]

18. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, you'd think that would be a Scout Trooper instead of a generic Stormtrooper. Is that the final product?

19. cooleddie74

Apparently so, but you're far from the first person today who wondered why it's a Stormtrooper instead of a Biker Scout. I don't know, but I'm sure the people at Hasbro have their own internal reasons for it. Maybe they just didn't want to release another 3.75" Biker Scout with all the regular Black Series Biker Scouts that are pegwarming in stores across the country.

The figures themselves are fair to great, but I kinda wish they'd used this opportunity to put a new, never-before-made Ewok, Rebel or Imperial in the package. This set is basically straight repacks of previous releases with few or no changes made to them, and for an exclusive multipack this big and expensive they really should have tossed in a brand new character.

20. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

So I picked up a few things while I was at Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios when I was down at DisneyWorld. Now I don't really collect much anymore, well except Cars cars. I loved the first Cars movie, it was the first movie I went to with my son Ian. So since then, I collect Cars and I have a pretty sizable collection. The problem being, I have to buy at least two of everything I buy. One for me and one or two for my sons Ian and Aaron. I also love the Tractors from the movie, so I tend to buy more of those than anything else.

Lightning McQueen as Luke Skywalker & Mater as Darth Vader. Mater Vader, he he
    [​IMG]

Ramone as Han Solo and Red as Chewbacca
    [​IMG]

Sally as Princess Leia and Luigi & Guido as C-3P0 & R2-D2
    [​IMG]

Chick Hicks as Boba Fett & Tractor as Stormtrooper
    [​IMG]

Mater as Darth Vader vs Doc as Obi Wan. I didn't find any individual Doc's as Obi Wan at Hollywood Studios, I imagine there was some. Need to do some research and find out, otherwise this is the only version I have him in.
    [​IMG]

This was a Star Wars Weekend exclusive, won't be available any where else. Two pack of Tractors as Sandtroopers. They were $20 a pop, so I only got two. I think they are great.
    [​IMG]

I have a few other things, but didn't want to make a huge post. I'll try and post them some other time.