Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was hoping that the female Turian would end up being a permanent squadmate. With Ash/Kaiden and Tali arriving so late in the game it'd be nice to have a little more variety. Also disappointing that you can't bring your own squadmates along as I thought--given his history with Omega--having Garrus along for this mission would be a no-brainer. I'll still be getting it though.

As for watching it on the youtubes, you already can...a bit. ;)
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVTamyxlNWo[/yt]

First off, as I've said many many times in this thread: I hated the way the ending was executed. For me, Destroy is still the only sane choice. That being said, Leviathan was *VERY* good. Like 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' good. Indeed, if it had been a part of the game at launch, the ending wouldn't have been *quite* as bad. Omega looks to be at least as good if not better, so I'm in. I can put aside the badness of the ending if it means I get to keep playing as my Shepard.

Well to be fair the Broker's ship was sort of a mini-hub with the random resource drops, investment missions (rubbish though they were), the secret files and vid footage all provided at least some post-mission content. So yeah, it'd be nice if you could revisit Omega after retaking it from Cerberus.

...on the other hand if they did make it a mini-hub, all you'd get is a new set of war asset fetch quests...oh well.

P.S. I am now a very happy bunny since my N7 loyalty pack contained a 'Harrier I'...FINALLY! I've wanted to use that weapon since it came out and until yesterday, it was the *only* Ultra Rare I didn't have.

2. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, apart from the Shadow Broker's lair becoming a mini-hub, Cerberus not being the antagonists, and you being able to take squad members, yeah, just the same.....

3. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought Lair made you use Liara as your squad mate, that you didn't get to pick? I could be remembering wrong, though.

4. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Liara was a squadmate, you could choose the second squadmate.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Even if it is Cerberus, at least we'll be getting to face at least two new enemies (one of them a reaper husk), which is more than you can say for any other DLC to date.

6. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, you're right, Liara is imposed, but that's fine. Liara's not a new squad mate coming out of left field at the eleventh hour. She should have been in the game to begin with.

Plus, you get to pick the second squad member to accompany you. With Omega, you choose literally nothing. Aria is imposed on you, the female Turian is imposed on you. There's not even any Normandy.

7. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

At this point i only care about watching the anime.

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm sick of hearing that the ending ruins the game.

It's a weak ending but it doesn't ruin the most addictive three games of the PS3/360/Wii gen.

9. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, ME3 doesn't have the kind of replay value of the previous two games due to its sidequest implementation, so the weak ending eliminates a lot of the incentive to replay the game.

10. LeadHead

Exactly, despite the Extended Cut helping to fix some of the issues, the damage was done by the original and the EC was a treatment, not a cure. ME1 and ME2 had these great endings you wanted to see and they would push you forward into either playing the next game or replaying. Mass Effect 3, just doesn't have that. It's too bad.

11. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sick of passive aggressive comments on the internet about things that are entirely subjective, but I guess we'll both just have to deal with it.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Also notice how nobody was actually talking about the ending until he brought it up again? Nice.

For me the only thing that really hampers the replayability is the overtly linear structure. On the one hand, sure, it's a war story so certain things have to happen in order. I just wish you didn't have to wait until two thirds of the way through the game to get Tali and Ash/Kaiden. I'm honestly not bothered about the side missions. I mean the ones in ME1 were very generic and forgettable while the ones in ME2 were mostly just novelties. Which, yes is still better than the fetch quests, but I just don't miss them as much.

As it stands there's plenty of gameplay to be had just from the main missions and the optional assignments (Grissom Academy, Asari monastery etc.)

13. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sick of hearing that as well. Doesn't make it any less true, though. Probably more productive (if only slightly) to take it up with EA/Bioware rather than blaming the messengers.

14. Jim Steele

For the record I don't actually believe the ending "ruins" the game and that's not what I said. It ruins my motivation to revisit the series, but it doesn't change the fact that I loved the entire trilogy and still do, despite the issues.

Sorta don't like having words put in my mouth then getting a snarky comment for saying them.

15. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Trilogy? What trilogy? There's only the one Mass Effect game, just like there's only one Matrix movie. ;)

16. Jim Steele

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

And then along came a trailer.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lxI8kyM4zA[/yt]

18. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

I'm excited about the expansion. I'm going to try to go slowly through the experience - I finished Leviathan all in one sitting and while it was fun, it was over too quickly.

I may also try to finish off the game again after completing Omega - after doing the Leviathan and Omega expansions I am hopeful I'll be able to make it to level 60 and get that achievement. Although I cringe thinking about trying to survive that last battle again.

19. LeadHead

The trailer has been removed by the user.

20. The Engineer

The Engineer Commander

Leviathan should have been the plot to the entire third game. Not that I have an issue with the plot of the third game really, just that Leviathan was that good. I'm really looking forward to Omega but can't get it until next monday, unfortunately.