Multiple Choice Vote for your favorite Batman and Bruce Wayne

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by EmoBorg, Jul 11, 2013.

?

Vote for the Actor who you think played Batman and Bruce Wayne well

1. Christian Bale as Batman

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne

21 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Val Kilmer as Batman

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. George Clooney as Batman

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. George Clooney as Bruce Wayne

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Michael Keaton as Batman

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  8. Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne

24 vote(s)
    49.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Vote For the actors who you think played the role of Batman and Bruce Wayne well over the last 30 years. You can vote for more than one actor.

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Voted Michael Keaton as the best Bruce Wayne, and Michael Keaton as the best Batman.

"You wanna get nuts? C'mon.. let's get nuts..."

Amazing performance.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

As much as I love the Nolan films, Bale's performance never really blew me away, and at times was laughable. His performance as Bruce Wayne was fine, but when he tried to do the Batman voice and yell at villains it totally took me out of the movie. I don't think the reaction they were going for when Batman interrogates mob bosses or Joker or Bane was "laugh out loud funny," yet that's exactly the reaction it got in the theaters I saw it in, especially the "Where's the trigger!?" interrogation of Bane.

Now, I suspect Nolan wouldn't have allowed that to go on for three movies if it wasn't a deliberate choice on his part, so I think the blame for that lies more at Nolan's feet than Bale's probably; and I think Bale is actually a superb actor in his own right in other films. The parts that move me and get me emotional about Batman in the Nolan movies are almost all situational (admiring his sacrifice in the latter two films, etc.) rather than reacting to Bale's performance specifically. Fortunately there's a great ensemble cast to pick up the slack there.

I think Clooney probably had the Bruce Wayne playboy persona down best, though unfortunately it was in a terrible film. It would have been nice to see how he would have handled the character in a proper Batman film and not an Ice Capades show.

Kilmer was utterly forgettable.

Overall though, I think Keaton had the best combination of the Bruce Wayne and Batman personas, and gave a fantastic performance. I prefer the Nolan films over the Burton ones by a great margin despite loving the first Batman film (not so much Returns, though), but he retains the edge as Batman for me.

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I gave Keaton both.

Despite the magnificence and scope of the Nolan trilogy, I am drawn to the more hokey, likeable performance Keaton gave, and the more fun world Burton showed us.

5. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the list, Keaton. Hands down.

Not on the list, Kevin Porter. He's got the look, got the moves, got the voice, and does appearances as Batman for DC.

[​IMG]

Batman: City of Scars

6. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

That's my opinion as well, except weird as it was, I still love Burton's vision of Batman (and especially his Gotham City), so Nolan is ahead only by a small margin in my view.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Burton's Gotham is certainly the more comic-like one. Not necessarily like the comic Gotham itself, though they later retconned it to look like Anton Furst's Gotham, but it looked like something that belonged purely in a comic book world rather than something that could possibly exist in the real world like Nolan's Gotham did. It was definitely the more whimsical (while dark) and creative production design. I appreciate both styles for what they are, but I think the Nolan films are better movies overall.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Keaton for Wayne, Bale for Batman.

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Kevin Conroy isn't on the list but he's the one I'd go with. It's his voice that I hear when I read Batman comics so for me he's the definitive Batman.

10. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

For sure. Given that the thread doesn't specify live action, I was disappointed Kevin Conroy wasn't on this list. His Batman is just absolutely iconic. Out of the choices here, I vote Keaton for both (and would vote Keaton for Bruce Wayne even if Conroy was there for Batman).

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't watch The Animated Series, but Conroy didn't do much for me in Arkham games. Mark Hammil's Joker on the other hand I thought was pretty good.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I voted for Keaton for both. Bale was horrible in every aspect, and Kilmer/Cloony were passable at best.

That said, I would have voted for Kevin Conroy if he was on the list. To me, he's the definative Bruce Wayne and Batman, hands down.

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I can't vote. Adam West isn't on it. And no, I'm not saying it as a joke. But, in a lot of ways, West is iconic. When someone says Batman to me, he's the first that pops in my head.

I like the others a whole lot, but, West is an icon.

14. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I agree that Adam West is an icon. Too bad, Adam West did not make a cameo in the later Batman movies like the way Stan Lee did in the Marvel super heroes movies.

15. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I think he would've been a distraction, much like Stan Lee often is.

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I can't vote in any Batman poll that excludes Kevin Conroy. That man's voice is Batman to me. When I read a Batman comic, that is what I hear. When I think of Batman, it is his Batman that comes to mind.

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I haven't really liked any of the Bats/Bruces or, excepting The Dark Knight, any of the films.

18. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Personally, I will go further and say I would vote for Conroy as Batman, Clooney for the vapid Bruce Wayne playboy persona, and Keaton for the "real" Bruce Wayne.

I loved the realism of Nolan. I went out from Begins thinking "Wow, this guy really made me believe that dressing up like a bat could really be a good idea to fight crime". I mean, that's something, right? :lol:

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: Too true...

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I went for Clooney on both. I honestly think he was a good Bruce Wayne because he has the right looks and charm to pull it off. I went with him as Batman due to the other options not being good ones. I admit B&R is a terrible, terrible movie and Clooney was given nothing to work with but that's not his fault. I think he did the "best" he could with the material. *No one* could have made the jokes in that movie work.

Why not Keaton for either role? When I think of Bruce Wayne I think of a handsome playboy (m)billionare. Not some pudgy middle-aged man which is why him as Batman doesn't work either. The rigid rubber muscles on the suit being a big sticking point.

Val Kilmer? I'm pretty sure he never made it into the actual movie. What we see in the movie is just one of those stand-in cut outs they use before inserting digital effects. They just ran out of money and were never able to insert Kilmer into the scenes and left the place holder there and thought no one would notice. We didn't.

Which leaves us with Bale. He does the handsome playboy Bruce Wayne good but almost too far into it. Bruce Wayne is still supposed to be somewhat cognizant of his surroundings and a capable businessman not a rich trust-fund idiot "crashing his car because he's trying to beat a light." As for his Batman...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQ4XtGwNKM[/yt]