Fox renews Fringe!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

In the words of Walter

"Yes! Let's make some LSD!"

Shame about the other universe not getting a fifth season of Fringe

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

*BAZINGA*
    :lol::lol:

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Does this mean people can stop complaining about Firefly?

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Dayam :wtf: I can't believe it got renewed. Hopefully eventually we can get back to the "real" universe?

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably not. I'll still bitch about Wonderfalls and Sliders. :)

6. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Two words: HELL YEAH!!!

7. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

8. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't expect a final 13 episode season to do any better than other mystery-laden shows of its ilk have in recent years--but if Fox wants to renew let them. Fringe has repeatedly shown that it can set up some potentially intriguing ideas but can't provide a satisfying payoff at all like LOST or nBSG.

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Great news! :techman:

I'm very, very happy (and surprised) that this great show will get a final season to finish up its story. Why not, Fox? They'll have a chance to shop 101 episodes into syndication.

I'm glad it'll be 13 episodes. That'll cut down on the filler and will most likely mean that the final season will run uninterrupted.

I saw that JJ Abrams was interviewed about the news. I'm surprised his reaction wasn't "Fringe? You mean it's still on?" He does tend to abandon TV shows after about a season.

10. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

I would have been very happy about it - until this last episode with the future containing the bizarro nazi-wannabe Observers. Some have speculated that this future timeline will continue throughout the season, alternating between current and future episodes. Ugh.

Now I am more cautious. I hope for the best, but I fear it is going downhill.

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yes, but they will never be forgiven for FreakyLinks. :mad:

12. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

sweet... best news i've heard today :D

M

13. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

Good, it's still my second-favorite science fiction show currently in production (following Doctor Who).

(Not that this is saying much... SF on TV and especially good SF on TV has become something of rarity these days. So I appreciate anything that isn't completely garbage. Like Fringe.)

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Never :p

15. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That should've stopped after Fox renewed Dollhouse a few years ago.

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah! More fringe, always a good thing!

17. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad. Surprised but glad. More Fringe is a good thing. Though I have the sneaking suspicion that an end in the Fringeverse will be no end at all.

18. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Well, I'm glad it's renewed. I'm glad that FOX is giving them the chance to finish telling the story instead of chopping it with no real conclusion. I'm doing a little happy dance in my chair....

Q2UnME

19. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They'll keep mucking with timelines and parallel realities until they finally hit on a stable universe. Alas, Peter, Olivia, and Walter will find themselves nothing more than actors playing characters in a show at the end of its run and they'll all move on with wistful half memories of other realities and occasional invitations to conventions.

20. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to feel that way but after a slew of really disappointing crappy endings I've now moved into the camp thinking that a cancellation is a good thing for a tv show these days allowing it to avoid the weak endings so many shows have--The X-Files, LOST, nBSG, Heroes etc.

I'd much rather be left thinking that the writers had a plan but never got to carry it out because of cancellation rather than realizing that the writers actually had no idea what they were doing despite all the promises to the contrary.

DS9 is the only series I can think of that actually had a solid final season and pulled together a series worth of pieces together in a smart satisfying way--where even if it was done on the fly it made sense ultimately in how it all came together.