Breaking News: THE CLONE WARS Has Been Cancelled

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cooleddie74, Mar 10, 2013.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Many thanks for those links!

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, for a second there it was almost as if Disney had killed The Clone Wars before Filoni had a chance to screw up Order 66.

But I'm not that lucky. :scream:

I take it that means it wasn't already explained?

3. cooleddie74

If there was another explanation I must have missed it. I thought his survival was explained in the scenes where Savage finds his brother in hiding and when the two of them hook up with Mother Talzin the Nightsister.

4. Set Harth

Well, the Talzin stuff didn't explain how he survived being bisected in the first place. Is "it was because of my hatred" ( paraphrased ) supposed to be the explanation? That never worked for me, and when I watch the Maul episodes it feels like they're hinting that there may have been more to it than that.

5. cooleddie74

My memory of some of the dialogue is kind of hazy, so I thought there might have been more to it than that. Thanks for clarifying.

I did have an online friend and fan of the show speculate that Maul survived because he originally fell down a long shaft with native Naboo plasma and gases circulating at the bottom, and that the preservative effects of those on Maul's nervous system and wounds somehow kept him alive until he could be retrieved and escape. It was just a wild theory from an enthusiastic fan, but it makes as much sense as most of the others I've heard since the end of Season 4.

6. Set Harth

Is plasma generally known for its "preservative effects"?

We still don't even know how what was left of Maul got from Naboo to Lotho Minor. I suppose it's possible that Talzin went and got him, but that wouldn't explain why she left him on the junk planet.

7. cooleddie74

Well, it's sci-fi/fantasy plasma. Who knows. Hell, we like Star Trek and that's a universe where a simple torpedo the size of an adult human being can create an entire planet with a functioning biosphere in a short space of time. :)

A coffee table book on the SW films that I once read said something about the Naboo people and their ancestors revering the native plasma of their planet and creating entire myths and legends around it, so perhaps it has some odd side effects. Or not.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unbelievably cool.

9. Set Harth

I'm probably reading way too much into Maul's dialogue but he does say some interesting things. Like right when Savage first confronts him and is like "you are my brother" Maul says "you don't know". Almost as if to say he's not completely Maul anymore. And then when Talzin is doing her magic on him she appears to actually be pulling black gunk out of his head. I guess that could symbolize his insanity... but I wonder about that part as well. It's like he actually had some kind of dark side Venom goo in him or something.

10. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't Maul's survival and trip to the junk planet shown in The Sith Hunters?

11. cooleddie74

I really need to go back and rewatch the Maul-Savage arc again to reacquaint myself with some of the details. I hate being a fanatic about Trek and Wars and just plain forgetting minutae and details that should be easy to recall and talk about.

12. Set Harth

I haven't read it. I'm looking at preview pages on Amazon right now and it seems to pick up after that point. Was there a flashback or something later on? The pages I'm seeing only say this: In the years following his defeat at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the rage that sustained Maul's body also consumed his sanity.

13. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes I think there was a flashback. Essentially he was tossed around like trash and dumped on that garbage planet.