DS9 Caption Contest 115: Gowron and All His Rowdy Friends

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Smellincoffee, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Welcome back to another caption contest! Last week things went awry, featuring foes as wide-ranging as eighties fashion and seventies mustaches. Combining a little of both this week...KLINGONS!

But first, the winners. :D

[​IMG]

Gold star for UssGlenn, who recognized Dr. Horrible's line from Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog[/b]!

And finally.....

[​IMG]

And now, Klingons off the larboard bow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Grilka: {snif}...Is somebody frying baloney?

3. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you for the win, Smelllincoffee!

[​IMG]

Worf: Sorry, Captain. I have had much blood wine, and the ridges the doctor gave you are so ... feminine.
    O'Brien: I should ... uh ...
    Worf: Don't worry, Chief, you look like you have been mauled by a wild targ.

4. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TFTW Smellincoffee!

[​IMG]

TV: YOUR SINGING SOUNDS LIKE THE DYING BLOODY GURGLES OF A IMPALED TARG! I VOTE DISEMBOWELMENT BY MEK'LETH!
    Odo: I always did prefer Idol in the original Klingon.

[​IMG]

Gowron: Not so fast, Son of Mogh. Have you seen my Disney Princesses pencil box?
    Worf: I have not.
    Gowron: YOU LIE! PREPARE TO DEFEND YOURSELF IN BATTLE!
    Worf: I AM INTO HELLO KITTY! DISNEY PRINCESSES ARE NOT MY DOMAIN! DO YOU SEE MY BAT'LETH?
    Gowron: I was not aware Hello Kitty made a bat'leth. Very well. It is a good day to die; but it is never a good day to lose your pencil box.

[​IMG]

Klingon: THAT WILL TEACH YOU TO BLOCK THE ESCALATORS WHEN YOU HEAR THE TRANSPORT EMBARKING! SOME OF US HAVE JOBS TO GO TO!

[​IMG]

Worf: For a guy who made a big scene about people getting between you and the bloodwine, you are really nursing that drink.
    Sisko: Well I would have shouted "Don't stand between me and the banana daiquiris" if you people had any sense of event planning.

[​IMG]

Grilka: Ferengi...greed; Vulcans...logic; Cardassians...militarism; Klingons.... Why yes, the Ferengi was right - I do sometimes feel like the personification of a single human trait. But what does he want from me, these skulls won't smash themselves.

5. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

People came from all over the station to see Quark's portrait of Gowron, complete with the eyes that seem to follow you around.

[​IMG]

O'Reilly: "Do I get double the pay if I'm in two caption contests in the same week?"

Dorn: "Yes, but two times zero is still zero."

[​IMG]

Klingon: "Oh very funny; let's all take a nap and let me handle the humans. Jerks."

[​IMG]

Worf: "If I were you, I'd stay away from the buffet."

[​IMG]

QQuark: "Your deodorant smells lovely."

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

GOWRON: Your hair conditioner, I must have it!

7. Mr. Laser Beam

[​IMG]

Sisko: When we signed up to go undercover as Klingons, I had no idea the bloodwine would taste so awful.

Worf: Agreed. This urine recyc is without honor!

Sisko: Wait, what? :wtf:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

ODO: Were did you get that tiny TV screen?
    QUARK: 1970s Earth garage sale.

[​IMG]

GOWRON: What? Worf, after everything I saw you do in the past, I am TOTALLY SHOCKED that you are not willing to completely abandon the Federation because I currently don't like them!

[​IMG]

QUARK: And the winner of the Klingon dance-off, dancing for 37 straight hours...

[​IMG]

AVERY BROOKS: Wow. You mean you have to wear this makeup every single day?!
    MICHAEL DORN: Yup.
    AVERY BROOKS: Give this man a raise!

[​IMG]

ROM: I'll have what he's having.

9. Nerys Myk

[​IMG]

WORF:...and she got killed and I was stuck with a kid I never knew about. So there I am trying to raise a kid who probably hates me.

SISKO: I'm cutting you off. Got no time for drunken sob stories

10. Hutchy01

Hutchy01 Captain Captain

[​IMG]

Gowron never mastered the Vulcan nerve pinch!

11. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Man: Klingon comedies suck

[​IMG]

Gowron: Yes Worf, I was the one who came into your quarter last night and massaged your balls

[​IMG]

Klingon: Criticise my hairstyle, will ya!

[​IMG]

Worf: Did I ever show you that clip. One Klingon, two cups

[​IMG]

Grilka: This is how I want them to look
    Plastic surgeon (o/s): Shouldn't be a problem

12. FlyingSaucrDude

FlyingSaucrDude Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Gowron: I wish I knew how to quit you.

13. Triskelion

[​IMG]

Gowron: Son of Mogh...you know the Klingon Empire, right?
    Worf: Of course I do!
    Gowron: So where are they?
    Worf: Who?
    Gowron: All these planets and aliens we have supposedly conquered. I mean, don't you think we would see them fighting in our armies as conscripts, or at least support staff?
    Worf: I...do not worry over such things.
    Gowron: So is their lack of appearance an indication that the Klingon Imperial Army is not, in fact, an Equal Opportunity Employer? That we are tacitly a discriminatory organization?
    Worf: I don't know, I suppose, but...
    Gowron: And for what? We still have to do all our own dirty work. Why is it Klingons are still fighting and dying for themselves - this is supposed to be an empire!
    Worf: Perhaps they did not get the memo.
    Gowron: If we just let our conscipts fight for us, we could both embrace contemporary liberal employment standards and get out of the line of fire at the same time.
    Worf: Come to think of it, it does seem kind of deluded to say we "conquered" a world without actually getting anything out of it. Meanwhile, they get free use of our defense, our military assets, our infrastructure and resource allocations - we should be letting them conquer us!
    Gowron: If the Empire asks for me, tell them I'll be conquering Risa personally - as is our way.

14. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Gowron: "For onnnnce, Wooorf, do not let Kahless' outdated legislature forbid you from your true feelings..."

[​IMG]

Historian's Note: By the mid-2370s, Gowron was well-known for his antics. But people from all over Deep Space Nine -- even Odo couldn't resist -- flocked to catch a glimpse on that day, when the leader of the Klingon Empire managed to get himself stuck inside a wall.

[​IMG]

Saul Goodman: "And remember, Grilka: no theatrics. Not a peep about your physical prowess in the relation to the victim's. He realized the latinum was just worthless gold and abruptly collapsed in despair. Also, payment is due in the form of gold bricks."

[​IMG]

Last known image of deep cover operatives Benjamin Sisko, Worf, and Miles O'Brien. Stone Klingon golem in background struck fatal blow forty-seven seconds later.

15. Triskelion

[​IMG]

Gowron: It turns out the Dominion thought they were buying a holiday tour package to Depp Space Nine - the supposed embarkation point to the Kardashian Empire.
    Odo: Quaaaaaaark!

[​IMG]

Worf: In Klingon culture, when somebody buys you a drink, that you choose to accept, it is customary to acknowledge the person exists in the same spacetime continum as yourself.
    Sisko: CREEEEEEEP! <maces him>

16. Bad Thoughts

[​IMG]

Worf: Captain, you should have stayed on the station and sent Dax along instead. You, Odo and O'Brien are all fine officers, but you know nothing of Klingon ways. Jadzia has the heart of a warrior. She could disembowel us where we stand. Together, Jadzia and I could bring Gowron and his retinue to their knees. It would be ... romantic.
    Sisko: Well, Dax didn't want to ruin her face with plastic surgery, but in the future, I don't see the harm in sending you and the "Old Man" together on missions.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

[​IMG]

"Welcome to the Klingon Shopping Network. Our first item for sale is a disemboweled Targ, vintage 2351. I shall start the bidding at 50 quatloos. Anyone?"

(47-minute pause)

"...Anyone?"

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  18. Nerys Myk

[​IMG]

GOWRON: As it is your first day as citizens of the Klingon Empire, let me offer you my personal welcome. As none of you are actual Klingons, it will also be your last day.

19. Bad Thoughts

[​IMG]

Gowron: Tonight's presentation of "Full Metal Bat'leth" with be presented in the original cinematic widescreen. I hope you have an appropriate TV.

20. Floyd McKack

Floyd McKack Ensign Newbie

[​IMG]

"Okay, listen, y'all. I'ma turn around an' wait fer a whole minute. Arright? A whooooole minute! An' when I turn back around, I wanna see my copy of this month's Playtarg right here onna floor in fronta me? Arright? No questions asked. Yunnerstan'?"