A Scientific Parallel To Religious Questions

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Dryson, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

Taking one or all of the following six religious questions what scientific parallels can you draw from them. What scientific processes would help you to fulfill each or all of the questions below?

1."Why was the Creator created?"
    2."How was the Creator created?"
    3."Where was the Creator created?"
    4."When was the Creator created?"
    5."With what was the Creator created with or from?"
    6."Who created the Creator?"

I have used the word Creator so as to not define the Creator as being either female or male, that is up to you decide and use as part of your conclusion.

2. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

We're talking about science, right?

Answer to all those: "There is no creator."

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

/thread

4. { Emilia }

Speculating about how a "Creator" we have no proof ever existed came into being is a bit bizarre. :p But I'm not going to close this yet.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

All these questions assume that a Creator never existed before anything else was created.

6. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

A reason implies agency in the Creator's Creator, so the Creator in the question would therefore be demoted from the Creator to a creator.

Some would say that the Creator, being infinite, is atemporal and uncreated. Others would say that that's fine and point out that agency, ie mentality, then becomes fodder for Occam's Razor and that we're basically talking about the Omniverse or Level 4 Multiverse as Creator without any ultimate mind per se.

If the Creator isn't responsible for Space, Time and Matter then it can GTFO.

As per question 2.

I tend towards the Omniverse view, myself, where the Omniverse is that which is infinite in variety. (I'm not sure why people need their ultimate reality to be limited to mathematically viable constructs.)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Empiricism on a metaphysical being? Bosh!

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The Creator was created during the Big Bang, which refers to the night his mom and dad first had intercourse.

9. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Taking one or all of the following six religious questions what scientific parallels can you draw from them. What scientific processes would help you to fulfill each or all of the questions below?

One could argue that the Creator was created out of necessity. Be it, "Let there be Hydrogen" or "Let there be Light", Science, Faith and Logic all agree on this point, there MUST be a Beginning.

There can be no Logical and Scientific answer to this question...yet. The Religious answer does not require our understanding, acceptance or agreement.

Ultimately? In the Mind of Humanity, thus far. We do not know if there are other sentient species with the capacity for abstract thought and Deity worship on the planet, yet. And, if there are other life forms elsewhere with Deity(s), than this question will need to be reformed and remade.

This is a question beneath what I am assuming is your intellect, Dryson. The Creator was created the instant after there was no Creator. And that is something you may wish to spend some time pondering...deeply.

Superfluous...see Answer#1

Also Superfluous. See Answer #5

I have used the word Creator so as to not define the Creator as being either female or male, that is up to you decide and use as part of your conclusion.

As you well know, there can be no "Conclusion". Have you forgotten your Scientific Method and/or Acceptance of Faith.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The Creator is that which created V'Ger.

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Demonstrate a creator and then we can tackle these questions.

Next.

12. PurpleBuddha

PurpleBuddha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dryson, I have an honest question for you here. Why did you not include the most obvious:

1. Was a creator created?

I say this because you are trying to frame this in a scientific context, which means you would have to answer this question first. I am curious as to why you chose to leave this out, or if it was just an oversight.

HIjol, props to you for this response:

13. { Emilia }

That's what I meant in my first reply to this thread. I'm not sure what the point of this thread is but it's walking a fine line at the moment. :p

14. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Bingo!

These questions have nothing to do with scientific analysis of the possible existence of the Creator, and instead are more appropriate for the field of religious studies, namely examining how different belief systems' views of the existence of a Creator(s) has grown and changed over time.

15. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you think that this is something that can be currently answered, using philosophy alone, HAH!

I'm sure many philosophers have pondered those questions, only to realize that mankind is currently unable to answer those questions, and will be unable to for a very long time, and that is if we are able to ever do so at all.

Heck, skeptics even point out that we have no proof that this Creator even exists (much to the chagrin of religious authorities of course)!

Doesn't the scientific method also have something about the fact that if you can't see, touch, prod, or otherwise form incorrect conclusions about it's nature, you can't make any scientific conclusions? I don't think that the stories in the Bible are enough to make scientific conclusions from.

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

To explain things people didn't understand.

By concious thought.

In peoples minds.

When people first found things they did not comprehend.

Imagination.

People.

17. Jedi_Master

Dryson's questions aren't even vaguely scientific. They are the kind of questions asked around a bonfire or corner booth at the cafe'.

18. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I can see some merit in this one as an exercise in applying science to an unscientific concept and determining where it works and does not work. It does require assuming quite a few things, starting with the existence of a Creator. And it doesn't work if you expect to get real answers out of it, because you won't.

As with most of these threads, it's a little hard to judge the OP's intent.

19. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The OP's questions require that the creator be subject to time with its causes and effects. But time is interwoven with space into the fabric of this universe. It is a part of this universe. There is no requirement for a supposed external creator to be subject to its causes and effects.;)

20. Jedi_Master

According to my religious beliefs the Creator exists outside of the physical realm, and is responsible for the existence of time, space, matter, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.