Fan Flix I Miss

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by johnhazard, Feb 4, 2008.

1. johnhazard

johnhazard Commander Red Shirt

Our lovely moderator T'Bonz di an adorable mix of South Park, TOS, and TNG, called South Trek, which I hope everyone has seen. Ever think of doing another, T'Bonz?

Tales of the Seventh Fleet tells the all too rarely fanfilmed movie era adventures of the plucky little scout ship U.S.S. Justice. Not as polished as NV, Exeter, or HF, but full of fun, comedy, and personality. I'm very glad to see they're still meeting and filming a fourth episode.

Star Trek Aurora, a really remarkable, origianl production, the only really bad thing about it is that it's basically a one man operation, meaning it of course takes a long time to produce. Thank gooodness, according to the site he's still at it, and from the production stills, it will be well worth the wait.

Kail's Star Trek Animated site isn't a fan flick, but it's got great original comics and lots of TAS goodness. Anything new coming, Kail?

I'm sure there's more. Any others anyone's missing (besides Exeter, NV, etc which we all know is ongoing)?

2. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I love the ToTSF guys. I think people tend to forget they'd already produced three episodes when some of us were still struggling to make one. :)

3. Hudson_uk

Hudson_uk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm certainly looking forward to more Aurora. Not only an amazing feat, it's something totally different to the "norm".

Go Tim...

4. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

South Trek was made by T'Poptarts. :)

5. johnhazard

EMBARRASSING!!!

(All those Vulcan chicks look the same to me! :vulcan:)

6. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Umm, T'Bonz is a Romulan by all indications ;) :angel: :lol:

7. johnhazard

Holy crap! talk about an insult!

Jolan Tru, y'all! :rommie:

By the way, to get this thread back on track, another project I was looking forward to was Star Trek Reanimated, which intends to create a CG version of the TAS episode Time Trap (using Poser amongst other things). I understand form their forum that they suffered a setback around New Year's, a hard drive crash, but that they are recovering. The designs so far have been very cool.

8. Trekwatcher

Trekwatcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am definitely waiting for the next installment of Aurora, and, of course, Exeter!

9. Auroratrek

Auroratrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks, all--sorry about the wait! The good news is that I'm in the process of getting some new animation software and hardware that should (theoretically) speed up my production exponentially. I'm still shooting for Part 3 before the Spring is out, provided my new system cooperates. ;-)

In the meantime, I've been building more "sets" and characters (some shown in the stills on the site.)

Thanks again--Tim

Star Trek: Aurora

10. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, I just watched Aurora for the first time, and it's now my favorite Trek fan film. Great stuff! I like the designs, the story, the characterizations, the voice acting, and the fact that, so far, the premise isn't what I've dubbed YASYAC -- Yet Another [Enterprisesque] Ship, Yet Another Crew.

Great job, Auroratrek!

11. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Good to hear Tim. I'm looking forward to it. :)

12. Hudson_uk

Hudson_uk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Excellent news Tim. Looking forward to it and the stills look great.