Yeoman Tamura & Guest Stars You Would've Liked to Have Returned

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by EnriqueH, Nov 15, 2014.

1. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

I always liked Yeoman Tamura.

She was quiet, but had screen presence and I loved her accent.

I also love that sassy pose when she stands in front of Mea 3 with the disruptor at her hip.

I would've liked to have seen more of her and Yeoman Barrows too, actually, because I really thought she had a nice chemistry with McCoy/De Kelley.

I mentioned these before in other threads, but I also thought there was potential for Lt. Radha from "That Which Survives" as well as D'Amato.

Who are some other guest stars you would've liked to have seen?

2. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always wondered why Lt.Garrovick who was head of security and Lt.Dickerson (from Savage Curtain) were never seen again! Especially Dickerson as he wore formal dress in the meeting with Lincoln and Kirk seemed to know him very well!
    JB

3. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Finnegan
    Commander Giotto
    Tonia Barrows
    Kang
    Kor
    Gary Seven

4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Was it actually established that Ensign Garrovick was head of security at the time? I always got the impression he was a recent academy graduate.

Unless you mean Lieutenant Commander Giotto, in which case, yeah, it would have been great if he could have been a recurring character.

Also would have liked to have seen Lieutenant Masters or Dr. Mulhall return.

5. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like to have seen more of Lt. Kelowitz the tactical officer seen three times in Season one. He didn't have a whole lot to do, but he managed to inject plenty of personality into the part.

It's been recently suggested that Michael Barrier was given some kind of undertaking that his role as DeSalle was to become much more prominent in Season 2. The idea was, that with Scotty set to feature as acting captain, someone would be needed in the hot seat in engineering -- hence DeSalle's switch to red for "Catspaw". I would have enjoyed more of him. DeSalle seemed like a solid, no-nonsense officer.

I always enjoyed John Winston as Kyle.

A shame all three were victims of the ever tightening budget.

If we're naming a Yeoman as well, I will take a few more episodes with Yeoman Colt, please.

6. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I always wondered why Lt. Garrovick conveniently appeared in an episode in which they just happened to come across the same creature that killed his father, when it attacked the USS Farragut. What a co-incidence. :wtf:

As for a returning character....does it really need to be said?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  7. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dr. M'Benga. Two appearances, but he too seemed to have personality which went beyond the part. Seemed like a good guy.

[​IMG]

(and unrelated to the question, but does anyone know what that weird picture on the wall is supposed to be? :wtf: )

8. EnriqueH

I liked seeing DeSalle take the center seat. While his subsequent absence can easily be explained as a promotion to another ship, it would've been cool to see more of him since he was clearly on the fast-track to promotion.

There was potential here for character development with all these characters that we're talking about. Clearly it had to be on somebody's mind since they kept bringing back characters.

9. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Dunno, though it might simply be an example of 23rd century art decor. Being in sickbay though, maybe it's some piece of an alien skeleton.

10. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Is that one of Shatner's hair pieces hanging from it? You know how filming crews like to joke around. :)

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Happy Halloween?

:)

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

More like they kept bring back actors and would change the character's name to match the previous character they played.

13. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Good choice; he was a solid "B team" character--a natural fit.

Kevin Riley is one of the obvious choices, along with the strong Lt. Charlene McMasters.

Someone mentioned Gary Seven, but I think the charm and value of the character is that he was a one-shot / mystery man. He was one of a kind, and did not need a second act on screen.

14. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Even considering that was the goal?

15. EnriqueH

I would've liked to have seen Gary Seven return in a better episode.

Some people say Trelane was the TOS Q, but Gary Seven could've been that kind of character too.

Gary Seven was a cool character in a rather mundane, dull episode that should've been way better than it turned out.

Speaking of Trelane, I'd have loved to have seen him again. Campbell was so good in the role.

16. Melakon

I think one thing that hurt Assignment: Earth's chances as a pilot is it seems light in tone, and Robert Lansing isn't the first name that pops into one's head when thinking of light comedy. It might have been a good potential series for William Campbell, judging from his work in "Gothos" and "Tribbles".

17. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

He was a one shot for Star Trek. Since history played out in a spin-off never happening, and when originally aired, who among the audience thought about a spin-off? He was fine as an interesting one-shot guest.

Campbell in that role would have come off like the more whimsical versions of Dr. Who. I'm not sure that would have worked on U.S. TV of the 1960s.

18. Melakon

It worked for Dr. Smith.

19. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

20. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

I would have liked to have seen that as DeSalle was a strong "go to" character. Sadly, he was more likely than not a victim of budget cuts along with a mandate to further diversify the crew.