The Professional Wrestling Thread - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Hermiod, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

AKA The If You Don't Like Wrestling Sod Off And Watch Fake Sports Full of Steroid Addicts Like Baseball Instead Thank You Thread.:techman:

Instead of starting a new thread for every event (and then the results of those events) I figured I'd start a single one.

This thread may occasionally contain spoilers for events not yet broadcast in your county.

To kick things off, today's news.

- Gail Kim has inexplicably left TNA. Given that she was the pioneer of their extremely successful Knockouts division this is a big surprise.

- Smackdown will also have a Championship Scramble main event at Unforgiven. The participants will be:

Triple H, The Brian Kendrick, MVP, Jeff Hardy and Shelton Benjamin

- We already know that the contenders for the Raw match will be CM Punk, JBL, Kane, Batista and John Cena.

- Both Championship Scrambles will start with the champion and a single challenger in the ring. Every five minutes another challenger will enter the match. The championship will change hands with every pin-fall or submission and the person holding the championship after 20 minutes will be the official champion. Title changes during the match will not be recorded as official championship reigns (so this isn't a cheap way to get Triple H past Ric Flair).

- Steve Austin is being advertised as making an appearance at Cyber Sunday.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Because professional wrestlers have never taken steroids...okay.

Smackdown came to my town this past Tuesday. I work at a restaurant that is right next door to the convention center where it took place. It's also attached to a hotel. As a result, I see a lot of the fans on nights like that. And frankly, they're usually hillbillies who ask for beer in cans and don't know how to tip. That's my only real experience with wrestling.

Although last year when the WWE came to our town, Ric Flair got drunk in our restaurant, and we had to kick him out because he was getting out of hand.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I was making a ironic comment. :)

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I get jokes.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Three posts. A new record. Thanks.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The inexplicable just became explicable - Gail Kim was seen at a Florida Championship Wrestling taping this week. FCW is WWE's main developmental territory. It now looks very likely that she has signed with WWE once again.

7. percept

percept Ensign Red Shirt

Well with no mercy around the corner there are spoilers that say that Jeff Hardy might just get the deserved push and come out triumphant as the WWE champion. Also that HBK hasn't won a championship for the last 6 years he might just become the WHC. As for ECW championship no comments has been made. It's high time that WWE took out some consideration for the US heavyweight championship and the intercontinental championship and make guys like koslov, hardy, kennedy, go for it. Santino and Shelton are yet to develop into single ranking wrestlers.

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^The way Shelton Benjamin is treated is a disgrace. He should be a main eventer. Instead, they've just aborted his push again by making him job to Ron Killings last week.

I like Koslov a lot. He's not your stereotypical big man. I wouldn't have had him act like so much of a heel, though.

I can't see Hardy or HBK winning either title at No Mercy. I can see Jericho holding on maybe as far as Wrestlemania before it changes hands again - with maybe Batista picking it up. I like the idea of Batista always coming within inches of the gold but always having someone else screw it up for him.

The ECW title will stay firmly around Matt Hardy's waist for a long time.

Santino is a joke but he's comedy gold. I sincerely hope he is not going to hold the Intercontinential title for as long as Honky Tonk Man did.