You give me the creeps

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by JoeZhang, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Quark's head on a female body.

:barf:

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    surely not?
    [​IMG]

'Hannibal' Sisko in that shared trill episode. I know he was supposed to be a bit creepy, but damn, Brooks pushed the boat out on that one.

3. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

AMEN!

4. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

Agreed! Watching all of the crew convulsing orgasmically in TNG's The Game was very creepy.

5. Navigator_NCC2120

Navigator_NCC2120 Captain Captain

Holy crap! At first glance I thought it was Don Johnson. Robert Beltran really let himself go.

Navigator NCC-2120 USS Entente
    /\

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know this is completely off topic, but I just wanted to comment that I love your avatar!:techman:

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Hey give him a break! The show's been off the air for 12 years, and the guy's 59 now. Put him back in the series, he works out for a few weeks, uses a little Clairol For Men, gets in uniform, slap a tattoo on his face, and he's ready to go.

Though I'm 62 and don't have that much gray except in my beard.

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

9. Navigator_NCC2120

Okay, agreed. However, I have not seen Robert Beltran since Voyager went off the air so seeing him as he is now was quite jarring. I do apologize if my previous post offended anyone. That was not my intent.

By the way, in my previous post I was not commenting on his hair color or his hair length; I know actors let their hair grow long so that their hair can be styled/cut to fit a character description in any future project. I was only commenting on his weight gain, which is not acceptable. I have put on some weight in the last 12 years too due to a lower back injury (disc L5) which prevented me from exercising for a few years and thus gain weight.

/\

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  10. Melakon

Don't feel bad. I had a 32 inch waist for 12 years until I was 37 and made the mistake of eating butter pecan ice cream every weekend one summer. Then 2 years later a broken knee set me up with a cane for the rest of my life and my walking speed dropped by a third, running's impossible. Then I had to quit working 10 years ago after a stroke and with no car, I sit around at home most of the day. I'm about 175-180 pounds now, instead of the 160 I maintained until 10 years ago, with waist about 34 or 35.

I didn't have trouble with my back until 47, after trying to lift something heavy and getting my center of gravity wrong.

Oddly, people think I look better with more weight, I'd been pretty thin in the face.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  11. Navigator_NCC2120

Thanks and sorry to hear about your troubles. I was at my best physically in 1996. I went from about 210 pounds down to 168 pounds in about 2 months, and down to a 30 inch wasteline. I was in my early 30s then and the secret to my success was exercising every day, drinking plenty of zero calorie carbonated flavored water to subdue my appetite, and eating Boca Burgers. The bad news was that the Boca Burgers were made from soy bean, which gave me the worst gas ever. I could not stand being around myself. I tried taking Beano by the handful before and after eating a Boca Burger, which was useless.

/\

12. Melakon

Congrats on the weight loss, that's good. Until I had to quit working, I was usually walking a mile to work or back home each day, sometimes both ways, and that was keeping me at optimum weight. Then I stopped doing that and the pounds came on. And I don't eat right, I drink genuine Coca-Cola (never diet sodas), and I smoke too much. The stroke came about after 5 years of stress in a job I hated (telemarketing, which was all I could find after the leg injury), and drinking at least 16oz of coffee at work (though I don't really like coffee).

So I know if I really want to bring the weight down, I just need to walk more. Though it's always hot here during the daytime, and walking this neighborhood at night is risky, though no one's bothered me. Yet.

13. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

We had Wil Wheaton as a guest at Polaris last year. Someone asked him, "What do you think Wesley has been doing since he left the Enterprise?"

Wil's response: "Eating 'van candy' with the Traveller."

So even Wil thought the Traveller was creepy.

I have to ask: are you from Toronto, or the area, or did you just find that photo online? Because I'm pretty sure that was taken at Fan Expo here in Toronto, based on the backdrop and his name card. (Is it sad that I can identify the convention based on that little?)

14. Elder Knight

Elder Knight Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sybok apologizing to "God" on behalf of Kirk (or was it McCoy?):

"He ... has his doubts! [Nervous chuckle.]"

15. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Pretty much anything Kirk does in the company of a woman...

16. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Just about every scene with that smiling mind-rapist was creepy.

And why didn't Spock simply shoot him in the knees on the shuttle deck?
    McCoy was right there, and sickbay was only a minute away.

:)