Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Once again there were several actors I've seen in multiple shows being suspects in the murder and of course one of them was the killer. Either I watch tv way too much or they need to cast more unfamiliar faces.

James Brolin guest stars in a February episode playing
    Castle's father.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Better to have multiple familiar faces than just one, because then it's a dead giveaway.

Although in this case, the killer was not one of the actors I recognized. At least, I'm not sure he was. I think I found him a little familiar but couldn't place him. And there was one name in the guest cast that I found familiar but couldn't place, so maybe it was the same person.

Anyway, I'm glad they gave Kelly Hu a sizeable role without having her be the killer. I'm hoping there's a prospect for a recurring role there. More Kelly Hu is always a good thing.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The killer was played by Chad Donella aka Greg Arkin or Bug Boy from the second episode of Smallville's first season, Metamorphosis.

I wish Kelly Hu would get a regular gig somewhere. I always enjoy seeing her.

4. Christopher

Okay, that name means nothing to me. The actors I recognized were Conor O'Farrell, Spencer Garrett, and of course Kelly Hu. I also recognized the name Anthony Starke in the credits, but I'm not familiar enough with him that I was able to recognize who he was playing in the episode. I'm guessing he was the guy trying to get that male version of the college-girl video franchise going.

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Best line of last night's episode, "Sorry we had to cop block you, bro."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

James Brolin as Castle's father...interesting. I'm really looking forward to the episode/s next month.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Too bad they couldn't get Shatner. That would have been awesome.

8. Admiral_Young

That would have been insanely awesome.

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was a good episode this week. Beckett straddling the line between the law and justice for her mother. And the moment when she sees the crying sister and knows she has to get the killer instead of letting him finish his job.

And I'm with Castle. I would have watched.

And now the Senator thinks he owes Kate a favor. I doubt she would ever cash in on it, but it does open up possibilities.

And does anyone really think the Captain bought Castle's story about Kate just trying to relate the suspect? I don't.

10. Christopher

11. Admiral_Young

I still have to catch up...I'm behind on the last two episodes, and we have the Richard's father two parter starting next month. I'm starting to wonder now if this indeed is going to be the final season. I don't really see where they can go if they wrap up the JB murder case, this and their relationship have been the "uber-arcs" of the series.

12. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No comments on this week's episode? I finally got around to watching it last night and it was a pretty 'Meh' episode. A few clever moments with the Captain and Castle bonding over the TV show, but overall it was pretty forgetable.

13. Admiral_Young

I meant next week, not next month lol. Should be finally interesting to see Rick's father. I am planning to catch up tonight. Will have my thoughts later.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yeah, it was a pretty average episode. One thing I did get a good chuckle out of was Ryan constantly going home so he and Jenny could try for a baby. It really reminded me of when my wife and I were trying to conceive.

15. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

This week was a WOW.
    Nathan got to show his acting chops in spades.

I loved that Beckett didn't care if Gates saw her comforting him. And I loved the shot showing Gates seeing them together, reacting with a frown, but walking away.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

At the end I laughed my ass off.

NOW... Finding a tiger seems "understated".

17. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good episode, and great acting my Nathan. The end was a little goofy, hopefully there will be some payoff for that, and not just a WTF moment.

18. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love how capable Alexis was portrayed. She kept her cool, helped Sara keep her cool, logically worked her way through their problems, and was only thrown when she discovered she was in Paris, but even that was momentary.

I do get the feeling that Sara wasn't the target. It was Alexis' blog they were reviewing. They couldn't hope they would get lucky about getting a lead about Sara there.

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

See, this is where high school French classes would have helped. I'd have know to scream "Aidez-moi!!" :vulcan:

20. Christopher

Except that they were speaking Arabic. They were following Sara, so they knew who her friends were, so they would've known Alexis was one of them. They were probably monitoring the blogs of all her friends.