Mariska Hargitay to Continue with Law & Order:SVU

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Lt_Rowy

Lt_Rowy Commander Red Shirt

Im glad cos I always liked her character...and I love that show!

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

What the hell?

4. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

thats just odd...

SVU doesn't look good in white

M

5. Enterprise is Great

The only thing I like about the cast pics is Mariska Hargitay's legs. :drool:

6. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

The writing has gotten a lot better this season. Mostly straight police procedural, without the nonsensical twists every three seconds.

7. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Only with talent and natural tits and lips.

8. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I second the "What the hell?" reaction.

Why does Ice-T have his pimp hand extended, as if to say, "Join us in the future, where everything is white (except me!)"?

9. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I know what you mean. I was more of a Cold Case fan than an SVU fan - I loved that show, and I loved the character of Scotty Valens. And whenever I see Danny Pino, I subconsciously wait to see Kathryn Morris (who I also adored).

I am glad for him that he he got the gig, and no doubt he's probably happy to be playing a new character, even if it is another cop. But in my personal ideal world he'd have moved to a CSI show - then he could have stayed Scotty Valens. :lol:

10. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Where are the Cold Case DVDs anyway:vulcan:? I heard it was something to do with the music rights.

I think SVU is a fine program, though as Law and Order shows are concerned, I like Criminal Intent the best:cool:.
    Nice to see that Hargitay is staying on the show. She is good enough actress and easy on the eyes.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Enterprise is Great

Yup. There's so much music on Cold Case that getting all the rights would be way too cost prohibitive for a DVD release.

13. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Yeah...no way we are ever gonna see Cold Case DVD sets. Every single episode of that show has period-specific popular music on it, and no way could they get the rights to all that for a reasonable amount of money. It would be impossible. They even had a few episodes where they used the music of only one band - I remember they used Bruce Springsteen's music for one episode, for example.

This is the only show that I have pieces of that were acquired by alternate means. I purchase the DVD sets for all of my favorite shows, and would gladly purchase them for Cold Case...but no way we are ever gonna see them. It's a shame for the fans, but they couldn't ever get all the rights, and re-scoring every single episode of a show that ran for what? 7 years? That ain't gonna happen. Still, put out the DVD sets and I'll be the first in line. I loved that show - great characters!

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Aren't the Cold Squad creators still bitter over their perception of Cold Case supposedly ripping them off? Perhaps that is also part of the DVD holdup.

15. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt it. Bitterness has nothing to do with DVD releases.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Litigation would. The Cold Squad people did attempt it. Perhaps they still are.

Although the music clearance issue is probably a bigger obstacle.

17. Starbreaker

They thought about filing a lawsuit back in 2003 when the show first aired, but nothing ever came of it.

18. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Its ratings may be down but it seems like they're pretty much down across the board on NBC nowadays. Things are a lot worse for NBC now than they were when Criminal Intent was moved to USA. (And even then, Criminal Intent would still pop back up on NBC every once in a while.) Plus, since it's a Universal show, that means that NBC/Universal makes extra money on DVDs & syndication.

Hey, it's not like any of them ever listen to Captain Cragen anyway.

That might kinda suck for Florek but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. It would be similar to Jack McCoy's promotion to DA during the 18th season of the original series. (One difference though: The previous DA, Arthur Branch, left the show voluntarily because Fred Dalton Thompson wanted to make a run at the 2008 Republican Presidential nomination.)

It's Law & Order. It's always going to be the same. The main question is whether or not you're in the mood for it.

David Simon? I believe he's one of the other creators of Homicide.

Why don't they use Munch more often?! :(

He also took the Sergeant's exam back when he was in Baltimore at the same time Kay Howard did, but he flunked it. (I think. Either he flunked it or he got kicked out of the exam room for sass-mouthing the teacher.)

19. Starbreaker

Everyone is always down on them not using Munch that much, but I wonder if anyone has ever asked him if he simply doesn't want to work that much? I mean, Belzer is 67.

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Simon wrote the non-fiction book the series was based upon, but the third person is probably Paul Attanasio, who wrote the pilot and has the sole "created by" credit on the series (Simon's "based on" credit is relegated to the end titles; he didn't join the series until the fourth season, although he did co-write an episode of season two).