TOS Commentaries

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by toonloon, Sep 5, 2012.

1. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

I see that the next TNG set is getting one, possibily two commentaries.

I've always thought it scandalous that CBS/Paramount never recorded any commentaries with TOS cast/crew/writers, etc. I know there's a David Gerrold one, and I'm grateful for it, but come on!

Image did an amazing job pooling extras for Twilight Zone, which is even older!

So I got to thinking, are there any user made commentaries on the net, or occasional podcasts that can go with TOS episodes?

I remember a very good one with Darren Dochterman for TMP, but does anyone know of any others and if so, where are there?

BTW, please don't mention the Roddenberry podcasts as I've mentioned them elsewhere on the board and am already collecting them.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why, what's wrong with the Roddenberry podcasts? They sound interesting. Where are they available?

3. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

There's nothing wrong with the Roddenberry podcasts! They're great and I said I was already collecting them and had already started a thread about them in the forum.

I'm looking for OTHER commentaries that may or may not be available.

4. CorporalCaptain

OK, I found your other thread.

You didn't say you had started a thread about the Roddenberry podcasts, just that you had "mentioned them elsewhere on the board."

5. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

Well, what else would that mean???

6. CorporalCaptain

Well, on the face of it, it means that you posted about it at some point during your tenure on the board. It could have been in any thread at any time.

7. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

Oh be quiet. Stop pretending to be ignorant.

8. CorporalCaptain

There's no need to be rude!

9. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

there are great spots on youtube, i think courtesy of a fan here, pieceoftheaction, from the scifi airing of the episodes, etc. they aren't full commentaries, but they are great intro's and interviews about every single TOS episode.

10. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

I've seen those, thank you. They are good.

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

"Oh be quiet," is no appropriate response.

And if you're referring to a thread you posted elsewhere, the polite thing to do is to link to it.

12. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

Neither is pretening to be ignorant an appropriate response to the thread I posted.

13. CorporalCaptain

Excuse me? Pretending to be ignorant of what? From your original post, I had no idea that you had made another thread on the Roddenberry podcasts!

14. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Please drop the personal stuff and stick to the topic.

Thanks.

:techman:

15. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

On the subject of TOS commentaries, I'd certainly be interested in hearing some that interview production personel who were involved in the series (those few who are still with us, at least). I have a few interviews from the Starbase 66 Podcast along those lines, but would be interested in hearing more.

16. toonloon

toonloon Captain Captain

I just thought that perhaps using that rare documentary based on justman and solow's book could provide some interesting comments. The star wars fan made commentary are superb at doing things like that.