Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

and then you watch Iron Man 3

:rolleyes:

Vanko in his armor at the end was weak IMO. Iron Man and War Machine finish him in two minutes

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_v92zlLoLo[/YT]

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The beefed up Whiplash suit is my only real gripe with IM2. I felt that the film needed a really heavy prolonged fight that showcased Vanko as fully in Starks class with weapon design. Instead he's beaten quite quickly.

I think the IM2 film is beat up by the haters for the wrong reasons and the one real problem I do have with the film is often left out of the conversation.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

IM3's marketing was too misleading. If they had advertised it as a comedy I don't think certain people wouldn't be as mad. Guardians of the Galaxy had the most humor ever for a MCU movie and it was marketed correctly as a comedy, and look at how great it has been doing.

All the critics that complain about IM3 only talk about the plot and the twist, RDJ's performance was fine.

I had way more problems with IM2. It felt like the writers were on autopilot for that movie.

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alright, I will agree with that (though I found the "ex-wife" dud funny). I wasn't impressed with any of the action scenes involving him anyway.

The action scenes versus the drones and the Black Widow action scenes were excellent though, I thought.

5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

IM2 is a vastly better movie then Batman & Robin or Batman Forever, yet Batman continues.

EDIT: I ment to say Iron Man 2, not 3. I changed it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  6. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Iron Man 2 problems were all Marvels fault. I understand that they wanted to hit while the iron was hot, they should have slowed down and wrote a better script.

7. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

You're talking about Iron Man 3 like it was a bad movie.

It wasn't.

8. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

I mean that if Marvel does a Black Panther movie, then they should try to do Africa justice.

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We're talking about a continent with over fifty nations on it. And that's just the real-world count, before we start adding places like Wakanda to the mix for our own purposes. To "do Africa justice" is going to be a challenge. It can be met, and we can get a damn good adventure movie out of it, but it's going to be a challenge.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Stark Industries universal translator

:techman:

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

What DEWLine said.

T'Challa and the Wakandas are highly educated people. They pprobably speak English and other languages. Being a fictional nation it's hard to say which African language they might speak. Wiki says "There are 1,250 to 2,100[1] and by some counts over 3,000 languages spoken natively in Africa,[2] in several major language families:" The best guess would be a language from the Bantu family, since by most accounts Wakanda is in Southeastern or Southern Africa. Though in recent stories there is an Egyptian element to their culture as well. Though Egypt is on the other end of the continent. Which annoys me because its not like Southern Africa doesn't have its own cultures, gods and legends

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Wakandan children probably learn multiple languages, including english, at a very young age.

13. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the comics, the Marvel Atlas puts Wakanda in eastern Africa, part of a cluster of Marvel-616-specific nations sandwiched between Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and what's now South Sudan. That SHIELD digital map in the background of Nick Fury's conversation towards the end of Iron Man 2 is consistent with the Marvel Atlas map of Wakanda's location. (And I'd love to know if that particular file survived past the end of production, so that we can someday get a better look.)

Comics writer Christopher J. Priest started the ball rolling on the idea that the Panther God of Wakandan religious tradition was also Bast or Bastet of Egyptian mythology, if memory serves.

As for languages, they do have one all their own. And as Nerys Myk points out, multilingual skill is - I suspect - highly prized among most Wakandans as a point of both survival skill and personal pride.

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Marvel comics translate languages for you all the time (usually out of convenience to avoid having to make up a language, but they'll also do it for Italian, German, etc.). The movies translated German in the same way, iirc. There are likely scenes in Wakkanda with no outsiders that would probably be spoken in Wakkandan. I have no problem with them being translated (unless they want to use an existing African language, which is fine as well).

15. Enterprise1701

16. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Interesting...note the reference to a "dormant peacekeeping program". It's possible that they may name-drop Henry Pym as having had something to do with the creation of Ultron....

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They could always hire David J. Peterson, the guy who did the languages for Game of Thrones, Defiance, and created the Dark Elf language for Thor: The Dark World, to create a Wakandan language.

18. Enterprise1701

I hope that they can at least maintain that connection, however small.

19. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Love the new Capt suit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also some Wanda Maximoff
    [​IMG]

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's a vast improvement over his suit in the first Avengers film, but my favorite is still the one he wore in the first half of The Winter Soldier.