The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

$$$

Why show a regular in the background and have to pay them for an episode when you don't need them and can save their pay for the week. Remember, the show was under pressure to keep its budget down.

2. Santeria

Santeria Lieutenant Commander

Especially since he was clearly the voice that was trying to instigate his 'buddies' into killing them in the first place. The one who wanted to just cut their losses and run... ran.

3. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

and very little of the action took place outside on the farm. What they might of done was filmed two episodes at once. Split the crew in half, two directors and have two episodes with only half the cast each.

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The sneak preview for next week's show seems to suggest that Daryl is going to conduct interrogation that would make Gitmo prison guards afraid. ;)

If you're right, that may flush out any of Randall's lies.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That doesn't really affect his point though. Just because there's a real world reason behind it doesn't fix the problem.

6. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally got around to watching this, mostly due to lack of interest. It actually started off well with the showdown between Rick and Shane, since they don't really talk much about this stuff between each other in the books. Having Rick be ok with the murder was interesting. But it kind of degenerates from there for me.

First of all the absence of the rest of the cast was painfully noticeable. One or two I could get, but just about everyone was missing. But they cut the budget and wanted more zombies, so this was the way to do that, fine. But why is the writing getting so bad?

Andrea basically forces her views on suicide on everyone else by convincing Maggie to leave her sister. So she understands that people need to work through it or off themselves, but ignores the fact that the tragic death of her sister was what brought her to that point in the first place and she carelessly sets up the death of someone elses sister. Nice one.

"The single most painful thing in my life, the very thing that made me want to kill myself, I'm going to try my best to recreate that for a stranger that has shown nothing but kindness to me thus far."

I mean, it's one thing to have an opinion on the matter, it's another to get someone to leave on false pretenses so things can go the way you think they should go. How about minding your own fucking business? You know, the very thing she was trying to tell Dale? In fact Andrea (or the writer) forgets that had Dale given up, Andrea would be a pile of ashes at the CDC. Kind of hard to "work through it" when you're dead right? But then she's proven right so I guess it was totally ok that she did such a horrible thing.

Even though Herschel was wrong about the walkers, he didn't try to force any of them to go his way. He just told them to follow his rules while on his land which seems pretty reasonable. He never went out and stopped them from killing zombies off the farm. Even though Herschel and his people have been doing a much better job at surviving than the main group, they decide that they're right and everyone needs to follow their lead.

Actually the whole groups encounter on the farm seems to follow this theme. The main cast survivors have only brought pain and death ever since they got to the farm, yet they walk around being self righteous all the time because the writing always backs them up. The main survivors all seem to be horrible people doing horrible things because they think they're right and the rest of the poorly written characters kind of just go with it whether it makes sense or not. At least someone called Lori out on some of her rampant stupidity, but that overall exchange was just so poorly written. All we really learn about lori is that she's stupid and that Andrea is a c**t. It just blew my mind that after shooting all the walkers in the barn, that night they're all just eating dinner in the house with looks of mild annoyance on their face as the family that they ruined serves them dinner. Talk about bad guests.

I was willing to let some of the quick changes in characterization and idiotic choices go as the transition to the new show runner, but it's three episodes in and it's only getting worse. Rick just sounds like a moron as he drawls on about "we may need ta kill him, but ah neeeeed ta sleep own it." Shane and his repetitive fuming. Lori... being more Lori. The next episode with the execution debate just looks so hackneyed and dumb. Plus they're still on the fucking farm! The only hope I have for this show is that it's popularity makes someone pay to put Y the Last Man on tv.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, I could see why Shane doesn't talk much in the books.:lol:

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

MTV News talked to Robert Kirkman about Morrissey's casting:
    The interview is completely free of comics spoilers, so anyone can read it without fear of learning specific details about the Governor and the events he was involved in. Kirkman mainly talks about why Morrissey is the right actor for the role.

9. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't read the comics, but I've read up on them. Good to know he's staying true to the character. Let's all give him a hand!

10. sojourner

^LOL, are you sure you haven't read the comics?

11. Silvercrest

Nope. Just handy with my replies!

12. sojourner

I think you have more of a hand in this then you're letting on.

13. Silvercrest

No, seriously, I haven't read the comics. But since I don't mind spoilers, there are lots of online articles at hand. Wikipedia has been the handiest.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

15. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

It was spoiled some time ago that
    both Shane and Dale die, I'm really happy about Dale, sad to see Shane leave the show.

16. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Shane is a great many things, but he is never dull. However, quite a few of the characters bore me - Lori, Andrea, Dale. Actually the only female I think I really like is Carol. Maggie is okay, but I value her more because she likes Glenn.

17. hira2

hira2 Cadet Newbie

yes,I like how Rick and Shane are almost facing each other with Rick's family between them. Facing each other with guns.

18. Silvercrest

:confused::confused::confused:

Are you my dual and I don't know it?

19. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ooh had a look at that. Quite interesting.

20. sojourner

It's a spam account.