It's not just Gallifrey that the Doctor will find.

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by BlastHardcheese, Nov 24, 2013.

1. BlastHardcheese

BlastHardcheese Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's the Master. And Rassilon. He'll have to contend with both of them now. I'm assuming the Time War was time locked by the War Doctor and the Moment was his way of nuking it all within the time lock, based on Ten's comment that he and Eleven shouldn't have been there in the shack. So that means the brief breaking and resealing of the time lock must have happened during The Day of The Doctor, right?

So Rassilon and The Master are frozen in time with Gallifrey, waiting to be released when the Doctor finds them and brings them back to the regular universe, right? I hope Rassilon will be the big bad that the Doctor has to deal with when the time comes.

2. Noddy

Noddy Captain

I thought it was implied that the Moment was responsible for allowing Ten and Eleven to revisit the last day of the Time War?

Also, wasn't Rassilon killed (or at least gravely injured) by the Master in TEOT? After that, he may not be in much of a position to threaten anything. Heck, without him, the bad Time Lords may not be able to activate the Final Sanction.

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, might depend on if Timothy Dalton would reprise his role or not. Unless Rassilon regenerated after the fight with the Master and we get Pierce Brosnan in the role next or something.

More likely, though, that the Doctor finally finds Gallifrey down the line someday only to find out the Master is now the Lord President!

4. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The time lock was in effect for those last days of the War and while that meant they couldn't get in or out to change their fate, the fate in question has changed and time has continued to pass. Thousands (or lets say, 400) years might have passed on Gallifrey after it was secreted away into a pocket universe before The Doctor finds it again. Rassilon might have been overthrown and tossed back into his tomb, The Master might be in a similar such prison. The Doctor might well find it a very different society than the one he last saw. For the better or the worse.

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

But Gallifrey is also frozen on the last day of the time war so when the doctor finds it they will be on that day.

6. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Who says? In the previous appearance in The End of Time they were time-locked in the final moments (poetic license here, it could mean days) of the War before The Moment was unleashed. Now that we know the Moment didn't blow up the planet and instead shifted it to an alternate pocket universe (or whatever) there is nothing to say that time mightn't have continued normally.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Should (or perhaps rather when) Gallifrey is released from it' frzen moment in time, do you think they'll be stupid enough to try and get The Doctor to become Lord President again.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which I totally want to see, especially if they get John Simm back.

"Lord President of Gallifrey seemed the next logical step after Prime Minister of Great Britain, don't you think?

9. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

The repercussion is a lot worse than just the return of Rassilon and The Master. There's nothing stopping Time Lords and Daleks from picking up where they left off, or start Time War 2.

10. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought about this and the solution is more simple than maybe we think. Gallifrey is saved and high command simply arrest the High council for almost leading them to their doom?

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Wasn't it stated the entire war was time-locked?

Dalek Caan broke through the time lock to re-enter and rescue Davros. And that was near the beginning of the war, right?

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

It'll be interesting to see what state The Doctor will find Gallifrey in.

13. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

So the "how did you survive the Time War?" question will be replaced with "how did you escape Gallifrey?".

Me thinks the Master will appear next season...

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Unless Oswin's little alteration to the Dalek's memory net thing also removed info about the Time Lords as a whole. I mean it is interesting that regardless of not remembering the Doctor that they still didn't recognize a Time Lord.

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think their Doctor amnesia will be permanent.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

New Jersey?

17. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

But most of the daleks were orbiting the planet. They simply blew up, when Gallifrey went away from between them.

Therefore the only daleks being unleashed upon G's return are the ones on the surface.

Rassilion being released however might be a problem :)

18. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Dear God, they should've just blown it up.

19. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everyone keeps wanting/expecting the Master back, but... does everyone also forget that he was dying? His resurrection didn't go too well, and was phasing out of physical existence frequently.

20. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Could we see a return of Romana and the villainous Rani? I hope so.