Sleepy Hollow (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Christopher, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

thought the last ep was a bit simplistic in how easily vanquished the sandman was, but still... she's hot, and the visuals are interesting.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I think the point of that episode was to show that not all of the "demons" (I think "minor gods" is more appropriate really) are 1) evil and chaotic, and 2) follow their own codes of conduct andhave strict rules stipulating what they can and cannot do.

They're trying to build a mythos. It's kind of pointless and more importantly boring to have a not-so-wide array of supernatural creatures around that are unstoppable, unkillable machines of chaos bent on destroying the world.

3. Borgminister

Yeah but what inner demons must the others have been hiding to then have been successfully made to kill themselves...? Then again, the fight was on the demon's turf, where for whatever reason it's more vulnerable, and assisted by Crane. Ah well, nice to be able to nit pick a show after 2 episodes but still want more though... :)

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, the idea was that Abbie had the courage to confront and own up to her guilt, while the others were unable to overcome the crushing fear. The difference was one of inner strength and honesty. I mean, presumably the heroes of a show are heroes for a reason, because they have courage and integrity and strength and smarts beyond what ordinary people have. So when faced with the same trials that overwhelm most people, they're able to find a way to prevail.

5. Borgminister

Like I said, I'm gonna roll with it because it surprisingly intrigues me so far... the chemistry is good between the leads, and there's an X-Files type of feel to it for me. Gonna DVR tonight's ep!

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that you mention it. It dose feel a bit like X-Files. With a similar dynamic between the leads... including Not-Skinner benevolent superior.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Actually this ep reminded me of Nightmare on Elm Street, particularly Dream Warriors, where the kids took the battle to Freddy on his own turf. Not a bad thing, as I expect they probably came up with the idea for Freddy from various dream-world mythologies like this.

8. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just caught up with the show. I'm really liking it. I thought the premise was ludicrous but I was impressed with the trailer. And I really dug the pilot. I've always liked the Headless Horseman and I think they've done him justice while making Crane cool as well. Nicole Beharie is gorgeous and is my new television crush.

I'm so glad this show got renewed for another season. I hope it continues being good and that the ratings reward it.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I rather have another 9-15 episodes of Sleepy Hollow in the Spring than have to wait until next fall for more because of the horrible The Following takes it's time slot.

10. Borgminister

At least Sleepy Hollow is fantasy; The Following is just an exercise in how many different and pointless ways a person or persons can be killed.

But that chick is hot. Just keep her away from my junk with a knife! ;)

The Following is sort of like Revolution in the genre confusion department.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your junk has a knife?

Like Wolverine?

12. bigdaddy

The Following makes a perfect drinking game. Anytime the FBI does something so stupid that even a 5 year old would know better, take a drink. Be wasted by 36 seconds into the episode.

The Following is like a horror movie, you scream at your TV for the stupid high school girl to not go into the woods alone to see what the odd shadows and strange sounds are.

Sleepy Hollow is fun because it know it's goofy, so it has just enough realism to stay in some type of world we can relate to.

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I've really been enjoying this as well, though I DVR it and watch it later in the week. I have to admit that initially, I thought the premise sounded a little hokey, but was willing to check it out. Pretty much got hooked right away and was real pleased to learn that it's already been renewed for Season Two. I think it has potential to continue, and certainly there's a lot of Ich's backstory to still be examined.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The Following was tolerable until you saw an episode of Hannibal. At which point you looked back at The Following and thought of it "this is shit".

15. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well put.

16. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Wait whut? The Following hasn't been canceled?

17. Borgminister

Except for Hannibal's occasional forays into the ueberstylistic at the expense of pacing, I would agree. Although I consider The Following a roll-your-eyes guilty train wreck pleasure.

And that crazy-eyed chick looks fine in bare back...

But between the two, Hannibal is very obviously superior.

18. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I forgot to mention but I get a Terminator vibe from the show. The Headless Horseman has a Terminator feel and Abby's sister reminded me of Sarah Connor.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Headless Horseman firing an M-16 is one of the things that said to me this show is crazy enough to keep an eye on.

20. bigdaddy

Spring time show, 15 episodes a year. That shit is taking Sleepy Hollow's timeslot.