Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is why you never announce you're squatting, you just do it. The second you give notice, they come running back. Just do it, and it's all yours without them having to salve their pride! :p

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But I like them to come running back when I mention thread takeovers. It makes me feel like a chess master.

3. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

One Small Step: Quite a moving episode, I must say! Wonderfully paced, I loved hearing/seeing the journey of the astronaut, and was deeply moved by his tragic demise.
    9/10

The Voyager Conspiracy: Quite an interesting episode. For awhile I actually believed a conspiracy was afloat. Very good.
    8/10

Pathfinder: TNG CROSSOVER!!! Not only that, but we got to see one of my favorite guests from TNG, Barclay, along with Troi. This was one of the most memorable episodes of the series' run. As always, Barclay found a way to gain my sympathy, and I rooted for him the entire episode! Loved the ending when they contacted Voyager and Barclay redeemed himself, really wonderful!
    10/10

Fair Faven: Creative premise, some nice Janeway/Sullivan romance, pretty solid all around!
    8/10

Blink of An Eye: Fell asleep halfway through...need to rewatch it at some point...

Virtuoso: Absurd premise, something I could see them doing on Trek cartoon for 8 year olds......but it had some good laughs, and some nice entertainment value.
    6/10

Memorial: What a vile episode! The big reveal at the end was just terrible. How could these aliens make people relive such awful memories? I'd have been psychologically scarred had I been in Tom, Harry, Chakotay, or Neelix's shoes. There decision to not let it shut down was very misguided. Just dreadful...
    In it's defense there were some very moving scenes, and lots of intense emotion. The action scenes were well done, and the actors gave it their all.
    5/10

4. AdmiralScreed

Haha, well I will keep that in mind for the future. These Voyager fans are like a bunch of rabid children. Gotta be careful what I say and do around them.....;)

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't have to listen to them.

Peer pressure isn't real.

Just give up.

Go watch something enjoyable like Arrested Development or Call me Fitz.

6. teacake

EIGHT OUT OF TEN!!

:: high fives herself ::

Finally, an appreciator of this much maligned episode.

7. AdmiralScreed

Oh, I didn't pick this show up again because you folks suggested it....uh uh, nope....I do things on my own terms. It had been awhile, and being in a transition period between TNG seasons 2 and 3 on blu ray I needed something to watch. Thought I'd give VOY another shot. It's been fairly good lately, I must say!

8. AdmiralScreed

That's surprising to hear. A VOY episode with lovely romance and charm....why wouldn't that go over well with fans?...

9. teacake

I'll let the haters speak to that themselves.

For me getting to see what Janeway programmed a hololover to be like was worth every bit of cow kissing (oops, that's for the sequel).

10. Guy Gardener

If not for a lack of continuity, if her affair with Mike was mentioned every episode or every other episode, well... How long until someone in the crew grew a set and staged an intervention?

Supposedly regular sexual releases are healthy, but that depends on you definition of regular and your definition of sexual, and for a hologram to step in and do some of the heavy lifting, well that's only just bloody sensible... But "feelings"(if feeling exist, I'm still looking for proof that we've evolved beyond fight or flight.) for a lightbulb, that my friends is just buying a ticket to crazy town.

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I go after Janeway about a lot of things, but her affair with a hologram isn't one of them. Not much different than using toys to get yourself off for a modern day comparison. Just be sure to lock those holodeck doors.

12. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

It's okay to love your toy, but you shouldn't loooooooooove your toy.

I can't wait to see the review of "Spirit Folk".

13. Guy Gardener

The privacy of your bedroom is fine, but when you take your toy out to Denny's for your birthday, that's another thing entirely.

14. teacake

What if your toy comes with its own Easy Bake Dennys so you can enjoy going out to eat with your toy in the privacy of your own quarters?

Feelings for holograms is obviously a pitfall many skate around.. I don't think it's as weird as feelings for celebrities in some ways. Lust, infatuation.. it's all hormones and chemicals that trigger each other and I think if you're making the the perfect man and he's making you feel really good you're likely to have a cascade effect that rationality has little to say about. Like in real life.

15. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Second worst episode of the series. Only surpassed by its sequel.

And you fell asleep during Blink of an Eye???? My FAVORITE episode???? Re-watch, pronto.

16. teacake

I gotta agree there. Maybe you were tired Admiral Screed? Because Blink of an Eye is a great episode.

17. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I admire his candour :)

18. AdmiralScreed

Yeah, I was pretty beat. Can hardly remember most of the episode, so there's no way I can review it right now.

19. AdmiralScreed

I've got some blu rays I bought not long ago that I need to get through right now, so it'll probably be around a week or so until I watch any more Voyager. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the episodes I recently watched. I'm not sure what the consensus' for most of these episodes are, so I have no idea if my opinions are popular or not. Feel free to leave your thoughts!

20. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I actually thought it dragged on, and then ultimately ends with a ridiculous case of "trek tech" when they're able to download the ship's logs with a tricorder? What, did the spaceship have bluetooth or soemthing?

Had some interesting ideas, but ultimately lame. I think they took it a little too far. How can you trust Seven after that?

Oh, I forgot. You like the TNG crossovers.

Second worst episode of the series, as I mentioned above. Only surpassed by its sequel, a few episodes later.

My favorite episode, do yourself a favor and give it a rewatch.

A Doctor episode. Lame. If I ever do a rewatch again, I'm skipping every Doctor episode.

You're a TNG fan, what do you think of The Inner Light? Same thing.