Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Did you see Castle a couple weeks back?

The 70s can rear up when you least expect them.

2. Guy Gardener

Hickman's Avengers has got me wondering about the hypocrisies of competing genocides.

Hank brought the Original X-Men forward to mirror Old Scott about how far off-path he had become, while telling the kids it was to stop a genocide.

Black-Kettle syndrome much?

I wonder what Young Hanks thoughts on the Illuminati might be?

Meanwhile, why is McCoy even sitting at the table for the Mutants?

Sure he was Xaviers choice, but realistically Scott or Magneto deserve it as passionate men of integrity (Murdering sociopath, but true to their own value systems) who lead mutant kiind, while Hank was just the suckbut teachers pet who brownnosed his way into the group over Chucks dead body. He's not even principle of the School so how can he be considered leader of Mutant Kind?

Beast has always been clever, but is it possible that Chuck had been using his Infinity Gem like a mind steroid to super inflate his intellect past his original god given potentials?

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Neither Scott nor Magneto have genius level intellects that could help deal with the collapse of the multiverse. Hank is the 8th smartest person on the Marvel Earth and helps runs the Jean Grey school.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Not so. Remember "Classic X-Men"? It was a re-print book the re-packaged the early "A-New All-Different" Uncanny X-Men issues starting with #94. As a bonus, each issue had two or three bonus pages written by Chris Claremont inserted into the main story as well as an all new backup story.

In the issue that reprinted #125, Claremont added a sequence with Magneto corresponding and exchanging ideas with Stephen Hawking (One can only assume that Dr. Hawking didn't know that the man he corresponded with was actually Magneto). Surely this indicates genius level (at least) intelligence.

And Amadeus Cho is the 8th smartest human alive.

5. Guy Gardener

Someone scoffed at Cho a while back (Hank Pym?), submitting that that ranking was assigned while a few supergeniuses, himself included, were off planet.

Magneto "helped" build Cerebro.

I assumed the Illuminati was about being a leader of a significant portion of the Earth, or even a significant portion of the superhman community/posthuman community or even first line of defence against foreign assaults. No government is even noticing Alien invasions, Zod forbid successfully countering them, so why should any world leader have a voice in the Earth's external diplomatic position?

Are the Illuminati the true leaders of the world?

Stark = Human industry/commerce = humans, Richards = Superhumans/posthumans)

Blackbolt and Namor don't bring much to the table intellectually? Seriously if anyone else showed up to one of these meetings in their underwear, they'd be sectioned into a psychward.

Sure Atlantean and Inhuman tech is a hell of a lot more advanced then human tech, but they didn't invent it and I doubtthey have more thana rudimentary understanding of it like you or I could change a fuse.

Blackbolt, Namor and Black Panther are Kings, meanwhile Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme. Strange speaks for Earth extradimensionally and makes decisions on extradimensional matters. Strange could decide to surrender and Earth would be stuck with that.

Xavier was kinda king of the mutants, if you didn't notice that he spent most of his time getting picked on by the 90 percent of the other mutants. Meanwhile Magneto was briefly president of 16 million mutants, until an unfortunate Sentinel strike... But then technically, if he got his shit together Namor could prop himself up as a proud mutant leader and see if he could handle two crowns?

Not that fishboy seems to be any good at keep just the one sitting on his brow where it belongs.

Why have there been no consequences of Namor surrendering to Thanos in the recent Invasion?

Atlantis = New France.

6. Turtletrekker

Cho introduced himself to Pym as the 7th smartest, but after seeing Pym's teleportation doors, was happy to be considered number 8.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hank would be the natural replacement for Xavier on the Illuminati based on his intellect and given the events of the Schism and Scott's downfall. He would have trusted no one else, and Hank would also understand the "vision and purpose" of the Illuminati over any others...perhaps Emma would have been a possible choice, but she doesn't have the same intelligence level as Hank does...thus why he was made Charles' successor.

8. Hound of UIster

Not on the level of Beast.

No he is not. The guy who was the 6th smartest in the world killed himself bumping Cho up to 7th.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Why did Amadeus Cho disappear from the Marvel U, anyway? He was huge for a few years there. His only appearance the last couple years was in the opening Savage Wolverine story which didn't really have anything to do with anything.

10. Hound of UIster

Because Greg Pak his creator was the only person who was interested in writing him. And Pak pretty much went away after the Cho mini ended during Heroic Age. So you ended up with unresolved plots like the fate of his sister. Though Pak is doing a Storm ongoing for Marvel again, but he has got more books for DC (Superman/Batman, Action Comics) and independent publishers (Turok Dinosaur Hunter for Dynamite and Eternal Warrior for Valiant).

11. Guy Gardener

Writers dibs, and abandoned characters.

:(

Not only where the hell is Rick Jones these days, but is he still that stupid Abom reject?

12. Admiral_Young

Rich's own speculations here aside (and from reading the article a couple of times it seems only his speculation) Marvel has started teasing Jonathan Hickman's final "Avengers" arc which reported earlier in the thread will end in May next year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05...-2015-avengers-to-skip-eight-months-in-septe/

We also now know what the previously reported Axis crossover (that no one here seemed interested in). Rick Remender will be writing it and it features a supervillain heavy roster. Looks like a new Cabal has formed?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/19/rick-remender-to-write-x-menavengers-event-axis/

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  13. Hound of UIster

Carnage and Sabertooth? Did they miss the entire point of the original Cabal? Or that Dark Reign only worked in the first place because Norman Osborn and the Dark Avenges were the MAN and in charge of everything. Of course Remender has to stick his shitty Onslaught Red Skull in there too.

And eight month time jump? Not as dramatic as one year or five years. Guess Marvel marketing or editorial has a really low quality threshold.

Well Marvel originally intended for Uncanny Avengers to be their tentpole book after Avengers vs X-Men. It's just Remender's meandering with alternate realities and the art delays with Cassady really killed the momentum.

14. Guy Gardener

8 month timejump?

Someone got knocked up.

Rick wants to crap out a Marvel baby on the landscape and be remembered forever.

Franklin Richards.
    Nathan Summers.

Um.

That's it. Almost 60 years of continuity and that's it.

Hmmm?

No.

Danielle Cage hasn't done shit and Valleria Richards barely did the baby thing at all.

So now I hate women?

Go #### yourself.

Thing is with Namor, he's the only pink dude in a country of blue people.

When he makes a bastard, EVERYONE knows.

He should have hundreds of illegitimate children.

The man used to be a movie producer in the 60s.

I'm surprised he remembered to destroy the Fantastic Four considering how much blow he must have been on at the time.

15. Admiral_Young

The "new" cabal thing was merely my suggestion. I doubt it will be anything like that...but the roster selection caught my eye as they are all big guns (with perhaps the exception of Carnage).

16. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

so....Acts of Vengeance part II?

17. Guy Gardener

Oh I remember that one, "THE BUTLER DID IT!"

18. Hound of UIster

No III.

Dark Reign was II.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Original Sin #2: I'm happily surprised that we found out who the mystery villains were already. And boy did they surprise me. I had no frickin' clue who they were. I had to google them :lol: I need to go back and re-read ASM/Wolverine, apparently...

20. Turtletrekker

This makes me even more glad that I'm skipping it.