Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras...

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by potablog, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Kamdan

Kamdan Commander Red Shirt

Do you have to extras for The Squire of Gothos? I've noticed that you haven't put it up and figured you would have done it by now, due to the recent passing of William Campbell. If you don't, I have it and I can post it.

2. potablog

potablog Lieutenant Red Shirt

3. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree as well.:bolian:

4. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

You're half done! Have you done a full inventory of your tapes and know how many you have left to do? Back at the start of this, you said you weren't sure you had every episode.

6. potablog

I have not done a full inventory as of yet... But I should be pretty close. Some are still stuck in storage too...

Today's update: "By Any Other Name"!

http://www.apieceoftheaction.net/2011/07/star-trek-sci-fi-channel-special_18.html

Enjoy!
    potablog

7. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Been a while since the last update. Are you still working on this?

8. Mr.AtoZ

Mr.AtoZ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I hope that he is because it is a great piece of Star Trek memorabilia. Something that will likely never appear in commercial form.

9. Kamdan

Some of the interviews appeared on the Blu-ray. I wish all of that stuff could have been included for all of the episodes. I mean, they packed a lot of stuff for the Twlight Zone Blu-rays, but the Star Trek Blu-rays got the shaft in that field. This YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/47MHzFan) has a couple of the Nimoy introduced episodes, complete with some of the intertitles.

10. Zarabeth

Zarabeth Ensign Newbie

I have tapes of the run. I was very disappointed that they stopped at about Season 3, Episode 6 for Leonard's run. I had gotten too busy to get all of Bill Shatner's run so I was trying to fill in Season 3 with Nimoy's run. The story I read was that SciFi Channel was under new management and the new management never saw the value of the project, so they quit airing it without notice.

Thank you potablog for doing this. If I can help anyway with the project, please contact me.

11. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

I would love to get as many of both Shatner and Nimoy as possible! It would make up for my colossal blunder of taping over my own recordings. :scream:

So keep up the good work! I'm loving this trip down memory lane, back when Sci-Fi had heady dreams of being the Tiffany channel for SF. Thanks again!

12. potablog

Well guys... Apparently CBS doesn't want these shown. Youtube just removed the COTEOF installment from my account, citing copyright infringement from CBS. :( I'm not sure how long the others will last, so watch them while ya still can...

If after a few weeks the others aren't removed, I will put COTEOF back up and continue the uploads. If the rest get pulled though, I'm afraid this is the end of the line.

:(

potablog

13. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

There are alternatives to YouTube...

14. Kamdan

Yeah, if you can, set up an account on blip.tv and upload them there.

15. frankhxp

frankhxp Cadet Newbie

I'm glad to see the clips on youtube and I hope you get back to it. This is important oral history that unfortunately got orphaned when Sci-Fi Channel switched gears. I think COTEOF is a special case drawing special attention because of the litigious registered trademarked author of that episode. (The omnibus script books sold through roddenberry.com disappeared for the same apparent reason, to be replaced by individual books except for COTEOF. I collected only the first couple omnibus books before they disappeared, and am still grumpy about it.) There's at least one other COTEOF Special Edition "extras" version out there on youtube anyway, and nothing else seems to be disappearing.

FWIW, I have a full set of 80 of the Sci-Fi Channel SE episodes on tape. Mostly Shatner, with a few Nimoy fills for episodes I missed the first time around for whatever reason. I have begun the process of converting them. But it will take eons with the limited time for it that I have. Although the tapes are 8 hour cheapos and I recorded at EP speed, the good news is that I recorded in S-VHS ET mode, and can get some fairly good results despite glitches.

16. Uxi

Uxi Commander Red Shirt

These need to be on DVD! Good stuff.

17. Kamdan

Can we get The City on the Edge of Forever insights back up? As a matter of fact, what happened to this guy? He doesn't post in his blog anymore.

18. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

He appears to be busy with other things, as he's also a dad with 2 kids. Priorities... :)

19. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

A certain quote from Community seems appropriate here.

"Damn it Shirley! Stop thinking about your newborn baby and think about the people that need you!"

:lol:

20. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Doubt it's going to happen b/c of Harlan Ellison. CBS is especially sensitive about stuff from this ep popping up on unofficial channels.