Game of Thrones 3.9 - "The Rains of Castamere" - Rate and discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Jun 2, 2013.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

83.3%
  2. Above average

11.5%
  3. Average

2.6%
  4. Below average

1.3%
  5. Poor

1.3%
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think Bran should take it personally that he is now a cripple. Jaime HAD to do it or he might have gotten sent on his own boar death hunt once it went public.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Of course it's thematic justice, and not actual in-world justice. I'm not saying that if the truth came out about what he did that he should not be held responsible just because of his hand.

3. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

"I was just following orders" Is not an acceptable defense. It doesn't absolve the perpetrator of his actions. Yes the Hound may have been killed for disobeying Joffery (Or he might not have as Robert was the King at the time) bur so what? He still killed that boy.

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

A feeling of dread grew throughout the episode as the big event drew near. The opening attack on Talisa was shocking in its brutality. As things played on I started to feel that the execution - no pun intended - of the scene wasn't quite matching up to that of Ned's death and the Battle of Blackwater, although perhaps exceedingly high expectations played a part in that feeling, but then Michelle Fairley delivered an astonishing performance in the scene's closing moments. It's that which will long live on as a moment of greatness in television history.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It ranks up there with the Dream episode of MASH--even surpassing it, I'd say.

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Meh - I'm loving the series, and it's aroused no interest whatever in reading long fantasy novels. The extraordinary cast and production design are huge factors in the appeal of the thing.

Tacky titillation is a plus as well. :cool: