Massive CLB website update!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Christopher, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I’ve had several works released over the last couple of days: the audiobook of Spider-Man: Drowned in Thunder, the mass-market paperback of Only Superhuman, and the latest issue of Analog featuring my novelette "Make Hub, Not War." So I’ve just done probably the biggest single update to my website since I founded it over a decade ago. It includes:

Updated Only Superhuman annotations encompassing the hardcover, paperback, and audiobook editions.

New annotations for Star Trek: Enterprise — Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures.

New annotations for “Make Hub, Not War.”

Amendments of my Original Fiction and Marvel fiction pages to feature the new editions of OS & DiT.

I had most of this ready to go by yesterday afternoon (luckily I had the foresight to do the “Make Hub” annotations months ago, for a change), but I figured that if I was going to make such a big, all-encompassing update, I should add the RotF:ACoF annotations to the mix as well. So I’ve spent several hours last night and most of the day today doing those annotations, and now I’m exhausted.

So the rest is up to you to explore:

http://home.fuse.net/ChristopherLBennett/index.html

Knock yourselves out. Like I just did.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Good for you.

Shouldn't this have some disclaimer saying it's off topic as only one very small aspect is Trek Lit related.

3. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

:lol:

Thank you! I probably won't have time tonight, but I always enjoy reading through your annotations. Looking forward to it! :techman:

4. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Awesome, thank you very much, Christopher! I'm always looking forward to your annotations and keep them at hand when rereading your novels. :bolian:

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"Only one very small aspect" . . ?

There are at least twenty Trek books featured. Heck, the vast majority of the books listed on the site are Trek-related.

(And that's coming from the guy who edited one of the few non-Trek books featured :))

6. Christopher

Well, to be fair, he meant only one aspect of the update is Trek-related. But I wouldn't call it "very small," since it's the one that people on this forum have been anticipating the most.

7. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Kudos Christopher, on a great site and fantastic annotations. :techman:

Today was my first visit to your site and I loved reading the notes on all your Trek books. I've already read many of them and am beginning Over a Torrent Sea tomorrow.

8. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the update, Christopher. The annotations were great, and they are much appreciated ;)

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

On a somewhat tangential note, as it's on my mind because Mighty Morphin Power Rangers reached its 20th-anniversary this week...

Christopher, have you given any thought to collecting your Power Rangers blog posts and publishing them as eBook episode guides? (You might want to look at Phil Sandifer's TARDIS Eruditorum eBooks for an example of what's possible.) I suspect there would be a market. Maybe not a huge market, but certainly a market that could be monetized. :)

10. Christopher

I only did three overview posts -- there's not remotely enough material to constitute any kind of episode guide.

11. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? It seems like you're written far more about Power Rangers than that. Maybe I've slipped into another universe again.