Behind your Aft Nacelle

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by 22 Stars, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

That's apparently how it was written in the script, if the ADF novelization is any indication. Cumberbatch just bombed the line.

2. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

With all the bombast from Orci about "I get to write movies and you don't" I am still wondering if there is an ounce of humility left for either he or the other writers to say 'we goofed' that line is total crap.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The fact that anyone feels they are obligated to address this or apologize to fans for an incredibly minor technical writing mistake is all the more reason why they should never do it, ridiculous allegations about humility or not. That would just feed certain fan's already overinflated egos and sense of entitlement.

How can anyone seriously think this is something that needs to be addressed publicly by the production team? It doesn't even affect the story. Just acknowledge that it's a mistake on your own and move on. If they do say something about it (doubtful), so be it. But no one is owed an explanation, correction, or apology.

4. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Each time I read "Behind your aft nacelle" it gets dirtier sounding in my head.

5. 22 Stars

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I have no problem with the "tone" of your thread at all. In fact, I addressed your question, gave a theory of my own, and made a joke that wasn't a criticism of you in the slightest (notice I called myself a nerd as well), but rather a commentary on how the production staff probably feels when they read these things and a mild ribbing of Orci's response in the TrekMovie thread.

What I did object to was your prior post, and I gave my reasons why.

Why shouldn't he be able to enjoy discussing Star Trek as much as the next person just because he works on it in a professional capacity?

That one's a problem. You can't go calling people out like that. Hit notify or PM the other mod if you have a problem with a post.

Infraction for flaming. Comments to PM.

7. 22 Stars

I don't think that the writers/producers should be engaged in a dialogue with the fans during the creative process. Reading reviews or reaction to the film is one thing, but I believe GR even said it himself in an interview that the show should be made by writers and producers, not driven by the fans.

I will PM you, because even though you use repeatedly 'anyone', it is in a post where you quote only me, and by inference apply your demeaning remarks to me which I do not appreciate.

8. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Do you have a link to that interview? I'm dying to paste those words onto other interviews where the writers who worked under Gene described him to be a living hell to work with.

9. 22 Stars

I wish I did, i think it was the set of interviews he did around 1988, with the grey background. Some of this was used in the From One Generation to the Next special.

It's either there or the Tom Snyder interview that I posted on YouTube (rm10475) if anyone wants to listen.

There is a question about the fans having direct input and he basically said no, that wasn't the best idea creatively.