NBA 2012-13 Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I was surprised that the Pacers took game 2... shows a lot of character, and Vogel's humbly owning up to a mistake was refreshing. But like some Indiana players said, it feels like deja vu and we have to remain focused.

Another game like that and I'll believe the Pacers as a team are for real, win or lose.

2. Borgminister

Spurs look rejuvinated!

3. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

If anyone had told me a few weeks ago that one of the conference finals' series would tied 1-1 and one team up 3-0 in the other, I would not have picked the west to have the team that is 3-0. The east finals was supposed to be a cakewalk for the Heat and the west, a dogfight. What a surprise.

I'm not sure of what the east finals is saying about the Heat or the Pacers. Heat could be suffering from a case of repeat-itis or the Pacers just might be a team that is jelling at just the right time.

In any case, congrats to the Spurs for getting back to the Finals where they have never lost. Spurs - Heat would be good for the league -- Spurs - Pacers, not so much. I still expect the Heat to repeat, just not as positive as I once was.

4. Borgminister

Isn't it always the same old story? Put Lebron on the blocks and team production goes way up. Not sure Indiana has the depth or X-factor to take the Heat 7.

5. Borgminister

This just in: The Spurs look dangerous.

6. gblews

It is going to be a very interesting Finals. The Spurs have consideralby more Finals experience among their core than the Heat's core and also are going to have the coaching advantage. The Heat though, on paper, are the better team.

What I want to see is if LeBron starts setting up on the low block and hurting them, will the Spurs put Duncan on him? Tim may be old but he is still a superior low post defender. Counting on LeBron to beat Duncan one on one off the block would also play right into the Spurs' hands, IMO. But LeBron on the block has been very productive for the HEat this season and with his court vision, LBJ might still beat you from there even if he isn't scoring in the low post.

Going to be very interesting.

BTW, yes I am envisioning the Heat in the Finals. I think the Pacers blew it leaving their game in Miami and coughing up game 3.

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Note: never ever ever underestimate the Spurs. :lol:

8. Borgminister

WTF? Pacers win!

9. gblews

Heh, heh, seems like if you shoot 60 something percent as a team from the field for a game, the basketball gods make you pay and last night the Heat paid. But does anyone really see them winning another one in Miami? I sure don't, but I can easily see the Heat winning another one in Indiana. Series may still only go 6.

Pacers have a go to guy in the making with Paul George, but he just isn't quie where they need him to be right now.

Spurs get to rest. Good for them. I really think they have a shot at a very rare upset in the Finals (assuming it's Miami).

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Good game Pacers.

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Indeed. Watching Miami actually having to play a game where they face elimination should be entertaining. It seems they actually struggle against big men.

12. Borgminister

Amazing. Bosh and Wade must be hurt.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

14. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

What the hell is he whining about? I had to listen on the radio in between working. You show up the ref like that, you're going to get a technical.

15. Borgminister

LeBron was calmer, cooler and more collected last year it seems. Indiana is surprising the heck out of me... be interesting to see how game 7 goes.

16. Borgminister

Why could the Heat not have had this type of urgency from the git-go against Indiana? And I wonder what type of injections Wade got for his knees... :p

Should be an interesting series against San Antonio.

17. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

On Mike & Mike today, I heard a sound bite from Wade this morning, in which he said he "came out with a new mindset to be more aggressive...". Greenie posited whether this indicated Wade's inconsistency was as much in is mind as it was in his knee. I would hope the entire series he'd be more aggressive and focused on winning. In any event, I'd say the Heat's inconsistency could be due to Wade's inconsistency

18. gblews

Probably got a synvisc injection. Lubricates the joint and feels real good according to the synvisc king, Andrew Bynum.

Spurs have a legit shot, but I still like the Heat in 6 or 7 because they have HCA. Because of the 2-3-2 format, the Heat MUST win the first two if they want to apply maximum pressure on the Spurs early. If the Heat loses one of the first two, all bets are off and the Spurs have a good chance. But does anyone see the Spurs then beating the Heat 3 times in a row, which is what would have to happen in order for the Spurs to avoid having to go back to Miami and winning a second game? I sure don't.

Having HCA in the Finals is HUGE. Heat in 6 or 7.

BTW, as a Lakers fan, this is a win-win. If the Spurs lose, they stay behind us in recent championships. If the Heat loses, LeBron stays far behid Kobe and MJ in titles with time running out for him to win 7 more rings.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Wouldn't that also qualify as a lose-lose?

20. Borgminister

Both teams are outstanding road teams, so home court advantage might be overstated...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.