DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone who has a pull at their comic shop should talk to the clerk there and find out how they're dealing with villains month to make sure you get the issues you want and the shop isn't stuck with hundreds of issues they can't get rid of. DC really is not thinking about the retailers when they created this ridiculous event. The Diamond order forms are already unable to properly deal with the Marvel .1s, so I don't know how this is going to work.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I couldn't concentrate on Superman unchained.

I don't Jim's heart is in it any more.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I've felt that way about Lee for a while now. I think he's more interested in plotting than he is drawing these days. There wasn't anything that jumped out about Superman: Unchained art wise..it was no different than any of his current New 52 work. What impressed me though was the writing. Snyder is on the ball again, and it seems like, so far Lee isn't co-plotting and is just drawing. So that is good enough for me.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I particularly liked the monologue about how it feels to fly back into the atmosphere. It really brought him what it's like to be Superman.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just stared reading the first JLD collected edition on my Nook a little while ago. I'm only a few pages into it, but I'm already intrigued.
    EDIT: I just looked up Shade, a character I know nothing about, and now I was wondering which version is in this series, the poet or the spy?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

So it looks like we are getting a Superman/Wonder Woman title this fall. Link

7. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

It also features Batman stalking them.

8. Admiral_Young

Interesting. Tony Daniel art! The line about Batman made me laugh.

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Another Green Lantern crossover announced.
    That promotional image looks so bad, I almost want to say this must be fake. Bleeding Cool is the only one even reporting on it right now. If it is true, UGH! Another GL crossover already? Come on! I got so sick and tired of that toward the end of Johns' run.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Wrath of the First Lantern was pretty weak. If this one isn't any good I may have to rethink my Green Lantern purchases.

11. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Yeah, not a very impressive image to say the least.

12. Admiral_Young

Interesting again...the new creative teams' first major "event" arc. I honestly have no interest in the GL titles. I've stated before that I really gave up after Blackest Night. The relaunch I tried to continue with it...but really wasn't feeling it. I did pick up Geoff Johns final issue and loved it. It was a great end bookmark to his run...which really should have ended after Blackest Night...but I digress. It's unfortunately really, because I am a big GL fan, but nothing they're doing with it right now interests me at all.

13. JoeZhang

Bleeding cool is also reporting a Justice League 3000 comic to replace the legion...

14. Admiral_Young

Now that is fascinating. They were hinting/speculating about this earlier in the year as well. It will reportedly be written by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis, and Kevin Maquire. Best thing about this for me? No Paul Levitz.

15. JoeZhang

16. Admiral_Young

Wow...nothing to do with the Legion at all, but still very cool, and reminding me of DC One Million. I'll still be checking this out.

17. JoeZhang

Or is it? The twist could be that those are pre-existing legion characters in the same way that the original thunderbolts turned out to be existing characters in disguise.

18. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah I was just thinking that after I typed it. Whatever the case is, this title has my interest :)

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I love Giffen and deMatteis's JL/JL Europe era of the Justice League, its my favorite era and JL/JLI/JLE are some of my favorite comics, so this is good news to me. Since its so far in the future, hopefully it can ignore most of the stupid new 52 stuff. I'm cautiously optimistic.

20. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Wait, we agree on something? :eek:

I love that JL era, too. Some of the most fun comics ever published.