Gaming Deals

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously, to sign up my Nintendo account I need to remember my email, my password, and my username? WTF. And of course the confirmation email from when I set up my Wii U doesn't have my username on it. And I don't see a way to log into my account on their website. I guess I'll poke around my Wii U later to see if I can figure out my login info. Hopefully I still remember to snag the free game!

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I forgot my password and had to send me a temp one, after I had to put in a code to confirm my email, then go into the settings and redo it after putting it in somewhere else. Then I had to connect to Nintendo Club, which thankfully I remembered. Then I needed the other password before, and then I got into the store.

But for free I did all that shit.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Nintendo really doesn't know how to Internet still :lol: In a way, I love them for it. They wouldn't be Nintendo if they did - but it's still a fucking hassle dealing with that stuff.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Free is Free, only took me about 20 minutes and now I just have my password saved to the 3DS. (I have no money in the account anyways)

5. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dunno if this is a one time code or a generic one but here ya go kids

Because you are a valued Amazon.com customer of the PlayStation 4, we wanted to let you know "Call of Duty: Ghosts" for the PlayStation 4 is available with the below code at $39.99 for a limited time, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Your individual claim code: 2Z9J-Q8EFGH-952E8Q.

How to redeem your code:
    1. Click the Redeem code button below to go to the "Call of Duty: Ghosts" page
    2. Add "Call of Duty: Ghosts" for the PlayStation 4 (shipped and sold by Amazon.com) to your Cart and click Proceed to Checkout
    3. Paste the claim code above into the Gift Cards & Promotional Codes box on the Review Your Order page
    4. Your discount will be applied at checkout

This code expires on February 28, 2014.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Hey guys, if any of you still don't have the BioShock games, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, or the new XCOM games, the current Humble Bundle has them on sale. If you pay $20 or more you get XCOM: Enemy Unknown and BioShock Infinite. For $8 or so you can get BioShock 1 and 2, The Darkness II, Mafia II, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, and Spec Ops: The Line. These are all great games and if you don't have them, you're missing out if you don't take this up!

If you already have some of the games, you can also gift the extra copies to other people (as I've done already.)

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Thanks again for that, Robert :techman:

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good bundle, though I owned everything except for The Bureau and The Darkness 2. So if anyone wants a copy of the original BioShock (does anyone still not have this game?) I'd be happy to gift it.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

If that bundle had the XCOM Enemy Within expansion, I'd have been all over at. As it stands I already own all three Bioshocks on steam and a copy of XCOM on PS3. I mean I'd like it on PC as well, but the expansion on it's own is still a little too pricey for me. Oh well. :/

On the other hand, if someone has a spare copy of XCOM to trade, I have a bunch of spare codes knocking around from previous bundles.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

FYI, the Humble Bundle store is now doing an "End of Summer Sale", which apparently includes free games as well as discounts. Check back every day to see what's on offer. Right now though it's "Warlock: Master of the Arcane". No, I never heard of it either. ;)

They also have flash sales, which right now includes Arkham Origins for a fiver and Psychonauts for about 60p. If you don't already own, or have never played Psychonauts, grab it now. It's one of gaming's all time masterpieces!

Oh and in case anyone is unaware, Origin are currently giving away Wing Commander III for free.

11. Robert Maxwell

Warlock was on my wishlist for a while so I grabbed it. ;)

Sale's looking pretty good so far.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

For anyone that hasn't noticed, Skyrim is on sale on Steam for 75% off for the main game and 66% off the Legendary Edition (i.e. the one with all the DLC bundled along with it.)

So for anyone into RPGs that that never got around to it, now there's no excuse not to own it! :D

Even though the discount on the DLC is a bit less, it's still and excellent deal for the price. It's the kind of game you can play for hours and totally loose track of time. Hell I've owed this game for something like two years and I *still* haven't completed the main plot. Indeed, I haven't even *started* the secondary civil war plot!

Also on sale is 'Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning' which is another open world RPG. Can't say much about this one as I don't won it, but I remember the demo being fun and vibrant...if a little lacking the the character & story department.

13. Robert Maxwell

Bundle Stars is selling Hearts of Iron III and all of its DLC for $4.99. That's a great bargain.

Bundle Stars usually has crazy deals, but whether the games are any good is pretty hit and miss! At least this time they got a good one.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's a fun game, but it's a lot less open world-y than Skyrim. Think of it as a slightly more open Dragon Age-style contemporary RPG including fun, robust combat mechanics.

Definitely worth checking out.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^The main criticism I've seen from various sources is that it's quite obviously an MMO that was adapted for SP late in development. Lots of grindy quest chains but little character agency. I hear the combat system is a lot of fun though.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It is, but yeah, the MMO-inspired design aspects are pretty apparent (might have been influenced by the fact that a Kingdoms MMO was in development concurrently), although they're also obvious in games like Diablo 3 and Destiny, both very much influenced and inspired by MMOs in a lot of ways, yet both very much not true MMOs.

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

In celebration of Steam's new built in music player (which can even play music while you play a game), Valve has made soundtracks to certain titles available as free DLC on Steam (you have to own the title to get the DLC, of course):

Half-Life
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2: Episode One
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    Portal
    Portal 2
    Free to Play (a documentary)

Also, all 10 Half-Life titles, both Portal games, Team Fortress Classic, and the various collections (The Orange Box, Half-Life Complete, Valve Complete Pack) are all currently 75% off on Steam. This deal will last until 1PM EST Wednesday.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well here's an offer no gamer should miss. EA currently have Dragon Age Origins going for free! So if you're into fantasy RPGs but never played it, now there's no excuse...except perhaps that it's on Origin, but I think we can let that slide...just this once. ;)

19. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think that Dragon Age is a game that I would enjoy, but I can't turn down that price. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

20. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Oooh that's nice. Might look into it. Have to check the specs.

Nm, just saw that you have to download Origin. Oh well :(.