Has any of the cast had success post Voyager?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by ReadyAndWilling, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

okay, so i was looking at a thread someone made earlier. it was a thread regarding robert beltran. i always thought he'd be the one guy that could make it in hollywood post voyager with his smarmy smile and his seemingly shrewd behavior off-camera, but it turns out he went nowhere. guy looks like he aged three decades since voyager ended. does anyone know what happened to him? was it a case of beltran not being able to 'live down' his hatred of voyager?

i recently read that garrett wang has decided to give up acting.

did anyone reach success post-voyager and outside of star trek?

2. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

McNeil and Dawson both went on to become successful directors
    Picardo has had numerous jobs in genre TV and movies
    as for the others I'd have to look at their IMDB pages

3. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jeri Ryan's been on TV pretty much non-stop for the last decade. Picardo and Ethan Phillips pop up now and then in guest spots. McNeill and Dawson do a lot of directing, as backstept said, and I believe Mulgrew has been doing more theatre work than screen work.

I haven't seen or heard of anything from any of the others.

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Mulgrew and Beltran went into more theatre work, though both made some tv appearances in the last while (Mulgrew was in "Mercy" and Black Donnelys, Beltran was on "Big Love").

Picardo and Ryan have done work steadily since VOY.

McNeill and Dawson do directing, though McNeill is also a producer for "Chuck".

5. ReadyAndWilling

yah, i guess picardo was on SGA. not sure how that slipped my mind.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Tim Russ seems to be doing alright, though not on the same level as Picardo and Ryan. He's had several guest roles on various TV shows, was a regular on the short-lived Samantha Who?, and he has a recurring role on iCarly. He's also done some voice acting in recent years.

As others have already pointed out, both McNeill and Dawson have transitioned into successful directing careers, and have also done some producing.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Picardo was maybe third billed actor in an awful brand new Scifi movie I saw the other night called Morlocks about the US Government sending soldiers through a stargate intot he future... Sure it REEKS of Stargate, but when you note that it came out on maybe the same day give or take a few hours as "Terra Nova" you have got to laugh.

Ryan and Picardo are not Star Trek Actors, they're just actors who have been on Star Trek

8. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know everything she's been doing, but Kate sure seems to have been successful judging by the ever-growing Cult of Mulgrew.

9. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

7 years as the lead actor for Voyager must've stuffed Mulgrew's bank account pretty well. I imagine she is set for life and taking it easy.

10. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Deep.

11. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Jeri Ryan had a cameo on the season premiere of Two and a Half Men (a show she had previously guest-starred on, as well).

12. spooky spice

spooky spice Commander Red Shirt

Instantly forgettable character? I never liked him - cried [literally] when he turned up on SGA as the leader of the expedition

I've seen quite a few of the cast turn up in various places - Warehouse 13 for one.

13. ReadyAndWilling

yah, he was really distinct on VOY. he seemed like he faded into the background on SGA.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It's funny what playing a different character being written by different people can do to an actor.

15. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picardo was in this awfull movie called Megashark vs. Crocosaurus. It was on tv here two weeks ago, I tried to watch it. But when the first commercial break came, I couldn't stand it anymore. Picardo did not have any scenes before I zapped away, but it wasn't worth watching just for him.

16. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Beltran has done guest spots on "CSI: Miami" & "Medium".
    He's appeared regularly in season 3 and 4 of HBO's "Big Love".

Ethan Philips returned to doing soaps.
    He had a major role in "Days of Our Lives"
    He's appeared in TNT's "Rizzoli & Isles" and had a minor role recently on "Young & the Restless".

17. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

That sounds like it's based more on The Time Machine by H.G. Welles rather than Stargate.

18. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jeri Ryan played Pete's ex-wife on Warehouse 13 and Kate Mulgrew played Pete's mom :D

19. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know this isn't a Warehouse 13 thread, but there was a scene with Mulgrew's character and "Mr. Kosan"--Captains Janeway and Robau!!

I agree with the comment that Ryan and Picardo are actors who have been in ST. Plenty of roles before and after VOY, and they did well in each, testaments to their abilities. But the fact that they're not central characters shows how much the VOY production team was in their corner and less-interested in others characters/actors. Though I wonder if McNeill and Dawson didn't mind not being central as much, as they were going into directing.

20. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

Well, Wang was in Demon Island a year after Voyager. It was quite the B-movie. They don't make 'em like they used to in the '00s (case in point, the Sci-Fi Channel movies, or Syfyllis as they now like to be known, where they completely miss the point, the style of classic B-movies). For a '00s crap movie, it comes close to capturing the cheesiness, the wooden acting, the hokey monster that classic '50s/60s B-movies and even '80s B-movies had without veering into being shit (the difference between crap and shit is caring at least to some degree about the quality of the script and the monster... within the constraints of budget/time, among other factors). Sci-Fi movies clearly don't care at all. They churn it out on an assembly line according to a formula.

I'm not sure it was as prominent a role for him as the average Voyager episode as the illustrious Ensign Kim.