USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vektor, Mar 21, 2006.

1. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is an undead project not unlike Starship Exeter. Gotta wonder which will get completed first.

2. Adagio

Adagio Captain Captain

Braaaaaaaaiiiiins.....

3. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

When will we see this baby finished once & for all?

4. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Necroposting. I hate necroposting. :mad:

5. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have been doing more work on the Grandeur as recently as yesterday, but I'm holding off posting until there is some really substantial progress to show.

I'm flying out to New York in the morning on business and won't be back until late next Friday, so don't expect to see anything new for at least a week.

6. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

You have a laptop damnit!! and who needs sleep anyway!! ;) :p

7. Malleus

Malleus Admiral Admiral

* Bump *

I do. I've got a laptop, but can't seem to get enough sleep everyday. :(

8. CaptainRoop

CaptainRoop Lieutenant Red Shirt

It is good to see that we are all still excited to see her done. I guess we can rely on the saying you can't rush perfection :)

I am glad that Vektor is particular and wants its to be just right. Been awhile in the maiking I guess a little longer can't hurt.

9. Vektor

Believe it or not, folks, I am still working on this. progress on the detailing is just slow and I have a lot of other things keeping me busy these days as well. I'll try to post something later this week.

10. Malleus

Malleus Admiral Admiral

^^^ Riiiight. ;) [Checks clock]

11. Malleus

Malleus Admiral Admiral

It's almost a month now. :(

12. USS Jack Riley

USS Jack Riley Captain Captain

To paraphrase the late, great Senator John "Bluto" Blutarski,

"Pictures!!!!! Pictures!!!!"

:angel:

13. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Son-of-a--

While I appreciate not letting this thread die...every time I click on it thinking I'm gonna see some new stuff and instead see that it's just been bumped...I die a little bit inside. ;)

14. Professor Moriarty

Art doesn't occur on an assembly line schedule. I'm sure Vektor will be happy to share any new revisions he has when they're ready to be shown. Cut the guy some slack!

15. PeachE

PeachE Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm with Mike Farley. I get excited when it looks like someone has posted something here. Lately, though, I'm getting to expect necro-posting more and not get my hopes up. Keep up the good work, Vektor. It looks incredible.

16. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Let's be fair, Professor. There hasn't been any new image since January. That's six months. As many false starts as this project has had--heck this very thread was a restart fourteen months ago--can you blame anyone for a little cynicism?

I think it's time to lock this thread. If/when there is something to show, a new one can be created.

17. Professor Moriarty

You're absolutely right--locking Vektor's thread is the only way to handle all these necroposts. How dare Vektor not post new images when someone dredges up this thread!

18. Vektor

I know, I keep saying I will have more to show and then I don't deliver, so I'm not making any more promises other than to say that there WILL be more to see eventually. I have not abandoned this project and have, in fact, done a considerable amount of work on it over the last six months, though my new job and numerous other practical responsibilities have greatly limited the amount of time I have to spend on my "hobby" of 3D modeling.

In my own defense, I did say some time back that I wasn't going to be showing much of the model's progress from that point on in order to preserve a little drama for its final reveal. That's not to say I won't be showing anything else until it's done, but don't expect any wallpaper-worthy images between now and then.

As for locking the thread, I'd prefer not to do that for various reasons. Tell you what, to justify keeping it open and to reward everyone's faith and interest in my efforts, I will post a couple of WIP images some time this weekend. And that's the closest you're gonna get to a promise. ;)

19. CaptainRoop

CaptainRoop Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think that is all any of us wish to see is just a pic or two once in a great while with a little bit more done on it.

We know you have a lot going on and I for one am just glad you are sticking with it till the end, no doubt it will be worth the wait.

The big additions I think for me now will be putting the Secondary Navigational Deflector back on the saucer again, (love that feature), and adding the 2 Wyvern V Anti-Recoil Proto Cannons on the bow and the 2 Retractable Modified Pit Viper Pulse Cannons port and starboard of the main deflector.

However should they not be on the wips you will be showing us soon it still will be worth seeing for sure. I know other small details are just as important to the overall picture.

20. Plum

Plum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Man... that is one trippy spacial-anomaly. Woooaaahhh!!!