The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Hmph. Learn something new every day. Unfortunately, it tends to be a lot about people taking advantage of others (in this case, retail stores)...

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

It's actually just a part of their regular ongoing New 52 line. It's still odd that they would release two versions of the exact same costume in the same year, though. I'll only be getting the Capullo version, as it's sculpt and articulation both look far superior to me.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That's it! Yeah...I was confused since they revealed Nightwing for "Son of Batman" as well. The Capullo sculpt is easily superior. I've actually warmed up to the red since it was first introduced.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper (Black Series) with corrected paint apps is hitting stores. In Europe.

The variant.

Seems this corrected Clone is shipping only in a case revision / assortment available to European retailers, one that contains even more of the Biggs and Anakin carry forwards from Wave 1 that American retailers can't seem to give away. I'd like to see this superior, fixed version of the 41st Clone in stores and others would too, but if it means a bunch of additional Anakin and Biggs figures that will jam pegs and collect dust alongside the earlier figures that aren't selling then let others have this case assortment.

5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I was in the Disney store today at the mall and they now carry Star Wars stuff, including the Black Series.
    [​IMG]

6. OdoWanKenobi

Why am I not surprised to see 25 Wave 2 figures, and not a single Fett among them? :lol:

7. cooleddie74

:lol:

Yeah, that was my thought as well.

My own local Disney Store closed down four years ago and the next-closest one is down in North Carolina. Still, it's fun to see a store actually carry a lot of Star Wars figures and ones that aren't just named Biggs or Anakin. ;) Most Walmarts and Targets wouldn't be this well-stocked the night before Black Friday!

8. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Happy Saint Paddy's Day from the Avengers! I didn't have time to do a new set, so here's a repost from last year:

[​IMG]

Oh, Clint. It's barely lunchtime and you're already wasted.

[​IMG]

Erin go Barf.

[​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

Poor Clint. He can hit a target hundreds of meters away with great and lethal precision, but he can't hold his booze. Some superhero. :p

10. Kira's Mom

Well, in comic canon, his dad was a raging alcoholic. Clint probably doesn't drink much because of that!

11. cooleddie74

He needs to nurse his hangover by spending time with Tasha. Not Tony, though.

Clint's liver will look like a Jackson Pollock canvas if he hangs out with Tony.

12. OdoWanKenobi

It's been a little while since the last comic, but I shall compensate with my biggest update yet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Kira's Mom

It gets better and better! Solo Lantern to the rescue! :lol:

My mini Hawkeye has a baby brother now! Micro Hawkeye!

[​IMG]

14. cooleddie74

This thread deserves awards for all the Win it's been displaying. I don't care if the medals are just big pieces of chocolate wrapped in gold and silver tinfoil, these pics and strips have been a riot.

15. Kira's Mom

This is BULLSHIT. Who in their right mind would pay $445.00 for any 6 inch figure? I don't understand why they made Black Widow so rare when there is such a demand for her. My hopes of getting one are crushed. :(

16. OdoWanKenobi

There is hope!
    Revision cases are coming which have two Black Widows in each. Hopefully this means she'll get more prevelant, and prices will drop like a rock. Don't under any circumstance pay more than $20 for her.

17. cooleddie74

That's something we in the collecting hobby should see more of, no matter which lines we collect. Revision cases that contain new or recent characters we actually want and not just more of the same crap we're not interested in and/or cause lingering problems at brick-and-mortar retail.

18. cooleddie74

A Darth Plagueis I ordered a few days ago just shipped. Can't wait! I'll be completely caught up on my 3.75" Black Series figures once he arrives and can then focus on the newest wave of the 6" characters (Stormtrooper assortment).

19. Kira's Mom

Hawkeye is shocked to see yet another possible ancestor of his...and afraid of the man's hair and outfit.

[​IMG]

20. OdoWanKenobi

Heh. Everyone on that cover has been in a superhero movie.

Short update after last time's epicness. I guess I just find one of these groups a bit more fun than the other:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was aiming to wrap this up at 100 panels, but I'm at 76 already. I'm going to overshoot my goal by a considerable margin. Oh well.