Idea for A STAR TREK SERIES "Star Trek, Red Squad"

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by CommodoreDecker, Aug 29, 2013.

1. CommodoreDecker

CommodoreDecker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

What happens when a group of Star Fleet cadets are in control of one of Star Fleets most powerful ships THE EXCALIBUR? An alien race has trapped most of the Federations, Klingon and Romulan fleets in a NEXUS VOID? What happens when cadets on a field trip,suddenly find an empty starship and have to take command?

That's what Cadet Jean Luc Riker, son of Admiral William Riker and Commander Deanna Troi has to find out when he suddenly becomes the Captain of the Newest Star Ship The Excalibur. He and his new crew has to figure out how to free his mom and dad from the void, not get himself and every other cadet under his command killed while doing it. And hold the slack and perform regular star fleet missions too.

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

It's pretty much just a rehash of the episode "Valiant" but with an even more powerful ship. If a race has managed to capture the three most powerful bodies in the Alpha/Beta Quadrants, what chance would a bunch of inexperienced and under-qualified kids have on just one ship? Plus what happened to their instructors (they wouldn't be left alone even if they were Red Squad, if it still existed after Leyton's departure)?

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd watch a Buffy/Smallville-inspired Trek where Kirk, Spock and McCoy saved the day between academy classes, went on training missions in space and we as viewers got to explore future-Earth.

What's a Nexus Void?

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

5. Bry_Sinclair

Some technobabble created to sound imposing and important.

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

It's the opposite of a Nexus Valid.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pass.

I don't need Trek about teen angst.

8. CommodoreDecker

CommodoreDecker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

A work in progress and the episode "VALIANT" inspired the idea which came to me late last night. Don't want it to be some adolescent, dealing with puberty GLEE in space kinda thing.... What chance would a group of inexperienced teens have? ZERO But they would have to try to stop the aliens and free the ALPHA QUANDRANT from the NEXUS VOID (Have no idea what that is :rolleyes:......) The crew consists of Jean luc Riker...of course and.... A young female changeling who has joined the crew as well this star fleet crew would be less of a hierarchy, and more of a working together to fight fear, inexperience to save the ALPHA QUANDRANT from a bigger than the borg threat

9. BillJ

It just doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in. :shrug:

10. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i don't know, i like the sound of Glee In Space more than this

11. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Same here.

12. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I don't think so. Go watch SG-1's "200" (the part with the younger, edgier cast) if you can't figure out why.

13. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that would be almost as bad as a ship full of cadets having to save the Federation after an alien supership destroys Vulcan. ;)

14. Bry_Sinclair

"Jean-Luc Riker"...really?

There is no need to cram in unnecessary links to other series, the title card of 'Star Trek' does that already.

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The novels did that already as campy as it is.

16. BillJ

Well, the Enterprise looked to already have plenty of actually commissioned officers. The only ones who seemed to be cadets were Kirk (who was 25), Uhura and Cupcake. :p

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Also Kirk and Uhura were also just about to graduate from the Academy.

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Kirk wasn't he still had another year to do, he was only a third year cadet. The Academy is four years.

19. BillJ

Well, Kirk said he'd do it in three and according to screen graphics he was already a Lieutenant. So he may have been finishing up his final year when Nero attacked.

20. Bry_Sinclair

I never got how a Cadet can be a Lieutenant (it baffled me in TWOK as well). But the jump from Lieutenant straight to Captain is just idiotic--especially on a megadestroyer like the JJprise. If it'd been a Hermes-Class scout I could see him getting command (as a Lieutenant Commander) in order to cut his teeth before being given a more important posting.