PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Well, my experience with salad dressings is somewhat limited to what is found in Europe, so it might be skewed. Let's say we have a salad together, and if I like it, and you can get your hands on my prized Modena's traditional balsamic vinegar collection. :D

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^Oh, that sounds good!

I had a salad tonight, too. Sauteed asparagus and mushrooms over baby kale and fresh parsley, chives, cherry tomatoes, and slivered almonds, with a light and slightly sweet soy-based coleslaw dressing. It was lovely.

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks, tsq. Yeah, I remember that meat is a zero point food, but I guess I've just stopped wanting it. Plus, I won't lie, I actually had more energy today. I did a spontaneous "running man" for a good 10 seconds. Seriously, just out of nowhere I started doing the running man, and then it was gone. :lol:

I'm going to steal some of these ideas, and all the great ideas from teacake, too! :D

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I take it you killed all of the stalkers in the game zone?

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'll second a J.Allen veggie/healthy eating thread. Couscous is one of my favorites. Very quick and easy. Apart from Caesar salad dressing, only oil/balsamic.

6. thestrangequark

^That is a good idea. Come on, J, get crackin'!

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Balsamic vinaigrettes are about the only type of dressing I like anymore. Yum.

8. thestrangequark

^They're good, but they get boring after awhile! Carrot ginger is another yummy dressing, and easy to make too.

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I mainly just don't like the really thick and heavy ones anymore, which are so common in the US.

10. thestrangequark

^I do agree with that. There are a couple of creamy-ish dressings I like, but they tend to be on the lighter side. Ranch and bleu cheese dressings are way to heavy for salads, but yummy for dipping.

11. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

This pic stole my heart. Bless. :)

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It's like Paul Rudd and Zach Galifianakis had a son and gave him the gift of being in cool photographs.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That is one of the best compliments I've ever received. Thank you.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is my finger.

Also, native fauna.

[​IMG]

16. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Ack! Teacake, that actually creeps me out a little! Please tell me that is not a horrible bite-y variety...and that it doesn't make its way indoors often!

17. teacake

They come indoors all the time, especially at a change of seasons. Suddenly cold-- the come in. No rain and drought-- they come in. Pours with rain-- they come in. The last seems to be the worst invasions, I guess the rain drives them from wherever they've been living all summer.

They only bite if provoked and it's about as bad as a wasp sting. I've known several people including toddlers who were bitten in their sleep, didn't wake up and just had a big red swollen area for a few days. So I guess it can't be that painful. Though I did have a friend who used to feed them water from a teaspoon while they sat on her hand and she was finally bitten and said it hurt. But not as bad as a wasp.

They are called huntsman, in Hawaii they call them cane spiders. They mostly like to be up high on walls so you really have little direct contact unless you decide to catch it.

18. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Wow.

I seem to have grown into being a complete wimp. As a child this spider would have fascinated me. As an adult...I would be a little frightened if I found this guy on my wall. Isn't that supposed to work the other way around?

Oh well, at least they are not poisonous!

<involuntary shudder>

19. teacake

There are smaller ones that are much more repulsive to me. Huge black shiny abdomens..:ack:

Huntsman are kind of too much like crabs to bother me. Still I don't leave them alone, they DO breed.. so I smash the big ones with a book. Yes it's quite a carcass and they are full of green goo. My problem is I can't bring myself to smash the baby ones which are light reddish brown and kind of cute. Yes I know they grow into the big ones.. but some will move outside, get eaten by birds and other spiders and australian wasps. My tolerance for what size I don't smash is getting bigger though, and then sometimes when there is a REALLY huge one (bigger than in the pic) I feel like it's to be admired for being such an alpha spider and I should respect it and not smash it. Yeah if my tolerance keeps growing I'm going to be 80 years old and living with a hundred spiders who I've named.

20. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

^lol! "I dare you to go into the Spider Lady's house if you dare!"