The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The New Adventures of He-Man. Short lived 1989 series that takes place after the first classic series. That figure looks gorgeous though.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That explains a good part of it. I don't even remember the 1989 series, and I was a certified and devoted fanatic of the original show from the early '80s! If I missed or forgot the spinoff/sequel it must not have been very good.

3. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Ditto. Big fan of the original but had no idea that this even existed! Nice figure though.

4. Admiral_Young

It was okay. It's kind of the black sheep of the MOTU mythos. Most fans would choose to just ignore it as has already been mentioned in the thread. The premise was interesting as it featured He-Man leaving Eternia to travel into the future to a planet called Primus to battle Skeletor and his evil mutants. It is also notable since I believe in the first episode, Adam reveals to his parents for the first time that he is He-Man. One of the very few shining moments in the series heh.

5. cooleddie74

The Black Series (3.75") Wave 3 Case Assortment just revealed:

Darth Vader
    Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
    Clone Pilot
    Luminara Unduli
    41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper
    Stormtrooper
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Merumeru
    Vizam
    Darth Plageuis
    Mace Windu (The Clone Wars)
    Commander Neyo

Seven out of twelve are carry forwards from previous waves, and aside from Mara Jade they're pretty questionable given the awful track record with carry forwards taking up half or more of certain case assortments over the course of this past year.

[​IMG]

Hasbro never learns.

6. Admiral_Young

I thought that I'd mention that the first wave of the Black Series is available to pre-order on Big Bad Toy Store. If I get any of these...these will be the first Star Wars figures I've had since I was a little kid.

7. cooleddie74

Which scale would you purchase? Classic 3.75" or the new, larger and more detailed 6" line?

8. Admiral_Young

I was originally going to go for the 3.75 inch line...but I think I like the 6 inch line better. They'll go nicely with my DC figure collection lol. Out of the batch...I will probably be picking up Slave Leia and Episode IV Han. I really like how Han looks sculpt and design wise.

9. cooleddie74

They're doing a regular white 6" Stormtrooper, too. He won't be out until at least the third wave of the new line but he's currently on display at Celebration Europe II over in Germany.

He looks pretty great. I imagine he'll be an army builder for the folks who can manage to find more than one of him and don't mind plunking down $20 or more apiece.

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

11. cooleddie74

Celebration Europe II / Hasbro image of the upcoming 6" Stormtrooper in the Black Series. This will most likely be in Wave 3 or Wave 4 of the larger-scale line.

[​IMG]

12. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, that looks spot-on.

13. cooleddie74

Yeah, while a handful of 3.75" Imperial troopers and Prequel Clones look as close to spot-on as you can get in that limited scale, they can nail more of the screen detail in 6" and larger and I imagine this new Stormtrooper will be pretty popular for those who can order a lot of them or manage to find more than one or two in retail stores (they ship just one character in a case of four).

14. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

My copy of Hawkeye: Little Hits arrived today. Clint is delighted...but Tasha is in for a surprise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Work Wife? What the hell does that mean? Who the hell is Bobbi? Who the hell is Jessica???" Comic canon and action figure "life" collide!

15. cooleddie74

16. Admiral_Young

It'll get worse for 'Tasha since Clint's been dating Spider-Woman in "Avengers" :) Oh Jess is in that panel with his ex's lol.

17. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, yes. Hasbro's grand tradition of shortpacking troop-builders.

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep, Jessica is the "Friend...Girl". :lol:

19. Admiral_Young

Yeah. I really need to pick up Fraction's Hawkeye. Have heard and been told great things about it!

20. cooleddie74

Or most EU characters. Or many of the most desirable figures in a wave, no matter who they are, which species or which affiliation they have in the Saga. The brand new 6" figures are so much larger than normal carded action figures that they ship just four per case, one of each character - and no planned carry forwards at the moment.

If you want Darth Maul, the Sandtrooper or the upcoming Slave Leia then get them while you see them, because they aren't being repeated in the next wave assortment to hit stores.