X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I think you are reading way too much into his comments. Only so much came be done in a single movie. This is going to be a sequel to First Class and to the main X-men films. Its got a lot of ground to cover. I hope it works as its own story. Not just as a check list of fixing things.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Yes, and Marsden isn't even in the film and presumably hasn't read the script. So he has no idea what's going to happen in this one and what, if anything, it will do to the existing X-Timelines.

3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I'm an old Cyke fan who thought he got shortchanged in the films, but if they're bringing Xavier back, then Cyke should stay dead, so that there's still a tragic cost to Jean having become Phoenix. After all, she didn't destroy the Planet of the Asparagus People in the films....

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

There's always the tragic cost of Jean herself. ( Not to mention the people she disintegrated. )

But as far as Cyclops goes he could stay dead and it wouldn't much bother me.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matthew Vaughn has dropped out of two specific films, and we still do not know why he dropped out of "Days of Future Past", it can't have been just because he wanted to do Millar's "The Secret Service". I mean he passed on "Kick-Ass 2" because he wanted to focus on "Days of Future Past". "X3" he dropped out due to "personal reasons".

I'm not disappointed regarding Scott. I did think there could be a possibility of Marsden coming back somehow. Perhaps that still might be the case for future films. I suppose it really depends on how much the time traveling aspect of Days affects the entire mythos.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't really have strong feelings about Marsden's Cyclops either way, so him not coming back doesn't bother me too much. The only casting thing in this that really surprised me was Ellen Page coming back, she's a much bigger deal than when she did TLS, so I wasn't sure if they were going get her to reprise the role. Same goes with Anna Paquin since she's busy with True Blood and being a mother to twins.

7. Dick Whitman

Yeah, Ellen Page returning was a great, pleasant surprise. To her as well! She has said a few times she never expected to play Kitty again. For a long time it never seemed the story would ever continue after The Last Stand.

Clearly Singer thought she was very well cast. Even though he had nothing to do with it. I suspect that Kitty's role is still very important in this, even if different from the comic. If it was just a small cameo like some of the others likely are, I doubt she would have done it. For Paquin and the others its a family Reunion with Bryan Singer.

Page returning creates a strong consistency of the team members between the films. After characters like Nightcrawler and Angel only appeared in a single film and really were not officially X-men. Plus Kitty had small cameos played by other actresses in both the 1st and 2nd movie.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  8. Dick Whitman

I have been wondering if we will see more than one time travel attempt? Perhaps Wolverine's first try to change history fails and he or someone else tries again. But in doing so multiple timelines are created.

9. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I keep telling you - he's a captive in Mr Sinister's lab. How else will they milk the legend of Cable in his own spin-off?

I'm disappointed at anybody who is missing. I still want a picture and/or action figures of a full set of movie characters in uniform so I'm still missing Kitty, Warren, and Kurt.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

11. Captaindemotion

^Even with just bullet points that was highly illuminating, thanks for the link.

12. Dick Whitman

I am glad most of the film takes place in 1973. I am happy to see the original cast again. But I was afraid the cast of The First Class was going to be marginalized. Plus the actual comic story was primarily set in "the past". Its becoming clear and clear that
    the dark future is an outgrowth of the events of X-men 1-3. They are not ignoring The Last Stand at all.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The first sign of that was when they said they weren't, the second was The Wolverine.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some very interesting stuff. I was wondering how they were going to fit some many characters in, but it is starting to sound like it original will be playing fairly minor roles while the focus is on the First Class characters. I'm pretty happy with this since they've only gotten one movie compared to the original cast's three. It'll definitely be very interesting to see where the franchise is after this.
    Do we know how close the releases of this and Fantastic Four will be? I'm wondering if they're going to do a MCU style post-credits scene to set up FF somehow at the end of DoFP.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Didn't I just read this comic?
    :p

16. Dick Whitman

I am not sure if that is a reference I know or not! LOL

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Sorry. The recent Marvel "event" series, "Age of Ultron" (No relation to the upcoming Avengers movie) had Ultron taking over the world and Wolverine going back in time to kill Hank Pym before he could create Ultron. That just created a worse situation, so he travelled back to that point again, stopped himself from killing Pym, and they worked out a new way to stop Ultron. However, the stress on the timeline caused it to "shatter", which is causing all sorts of mayhem in both the regular Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe.

18. Captaindemotion

http://nukethefridge.com/2013/08/06...es-at-3600-fps-for-x-men-days-of-future-past/

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

With kitty being older in the comics, I thought the "future" was more than 10 years from X:LS. It feels like they are going to kill off the present X-Men, go back to first class, and reboot a new present X-Men franchise.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched TLS again for the first time in ages, and I will be curious to see how they address the ending in DoFP. Although the last shot with Magneto, which I totally forgot about until I started the movie, does give an easy out for the cure.
    As for some of the discrepancies, I'm not sure what can be done about the Moira McTaggarts, but I did notice that they never actually called Bill Duke's character by his full name, so you could write him off as being a different Trask, or that he was somehow related to Bolivar.

They also never actually showed Scott die or showed his body, we only saw Jean reacting to her believing that she killed him. I could see them saying that he somehow managed to get away just a second before he was disintegrated and that she forgot for some reason, or that The Phoenix wasn't aware of it.