X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That site is pretty cool. I'm wondering if all of the stuff in the timeline is from after things have been changed, or if this stuff had all happened in the original movies' universe and we just never saw any of it's effects in them.

3. Admiral_Young

That's actually an excellent question. I have been going over the material on the site (so awesome) and have been considering that myself. It's very possible it could be a combination of both things.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

At the very least I think it's safe to say that the end credits scene in The Wolverine takes place in the same timeline as Origins, X1-3, and The Wolverine itself.

5. Admiral_Young

I agree...the website has Trask Industries founded in the year 1967. I think this will have been stuff we've just not seen before. There are some really cool things on that site.

6. Set Harth

Just stumbled on this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie...ts-scene-perfectly-sets-next-x-160949633.html

:brickwall:

So in addition to most people apparently not knowing the post-credits scene in The Last Stand even exists, and the cable channel FX refusing to show it, now the director of DOFP thinks Xavier's consciousness was in Moira. :rolleyes:

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I found it interesting that they might havebpretty much narrowed down when exactly the first 3 X-Men movies take place.

8. Admiral_Young

Considering the Last Stand, post credits scene was never explained, Xavier's mind being transferred and temporary possessed by Moria is about as good as explanation as any. Plus it ties-in to what we've read previously with regards to how they're going to handle the time travel aspect in the film. I have no problem with that.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Didn't Xavier explain it earlier in the movie though? I seem to remember him (or maybe it was someone else) talking about the possibility of transferring his consciousness into someone in a coma.

10. Admiral_Young

That's right. That conversation did happen. It's been a long time since I've seen the film all the through so I totally forgot that lol.

11. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It might be a slip of the tongue if the body in the hospital was meant to be Xavier's twin, then in the comic's, Xavier's twin was Cassandra Nova I think. And Xavier can always use telepathy to change other people's perceptions of him I guess. What makes less sense is why he's still in a wheelchair.

At least time travel might explain how Moira turned from a a thirty year old American woman in the 60s to a forty year old Scottish woman 40 years later.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I just think of First Class's Moira as the mother of the Moria from X3. It's amazing how easy it is to hand wave it away! ;)

13. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Umm maybe Singer was just misqouted??? Not the first time that has happened to someone. Also its not an easy scene to explain, it was so vague. I had no idea until I read it that was Patrick Stewart laying in the bed.

I suspect we are not going to get a lot of details in the movie. It will be 10 years since events of The Last Stand. A lot would have happened sense than.

14. Set Harth

Yeah, the end credits scene pays that off, and it's clearly not supposed to indicate that Xavier's consciousness is in Moira. Moira is reacting to the voice coming from the man in the bed. I guess you could write in that Xavier "jumped" into Moira offscreen later on, but to what purpose? And would he even consider such a thing allowable on ethical grounds? What made it work in the case of the guy in the bed was that he had no consciousness of his own to speak of, it was basically just a set of organs being kept alive. Also, the guy in the bed was supposed to be one "P.Xavier", but that was left out of the film, so Singer & Co. appear to have addressed the question of where the new Xavier body comes from by "mutants did it". Star Trek III might even serve as inspiration here. What I don't get is the idea that it's to be explained by the time travel mechanics of the plot. Despite the fact that it can't be Kitty anymore, if the time travel thing is anything like Kitty's role in the DOFP comic it doesn't seem like it would explain Xavier's survival.

15. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

What about the Sentinel holoprogram in X3? If apparently at that point the Sentinels hadn't been created yet. Just a coincidence?

16. Admiral_Young

The Sentinels probably do exist in the timeline proper. We just haven't really seen them in the capacity they're designed for yet. Project Widewake was mentioned in the database that Lady Deathstrike stole in "X2". We know the US Government in the films have been attempting to have some kind of relations with the mutant community as Hank was the Secretary of Mutant Affairs in "The Last Stand". I assume that they will be unleashed in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" after some kind of present day attack. There was something mentioned about an incident in Paris...perhaps that triggers it. It seems certain now that Singer isn't totally ignoring "The Last Stand" so also perhaps the events in San Francisco will have changed the governments mind to take a more aggressive stance against mutants.

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I say Jean turned the body Charles was transferring to into Charles as a last minute attempt to save Charles from Phoenix. I'd imagine Phoenix made him paralyzed again.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. His consciousness isn't transferred to Moira, it goes to the brain dead man in a coma. Not sure how anyone would arrive at another explanation!!

19. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I love it that the Sentinel program is being treated as something that had be developing for years. Its not just sprung out of nowhere.

The of the smart things the first film did was having the existence of mutants known for many years. Which allows them to now fill in this alternate history. There have been minor inconsistency on some characters backstories. But nothing was said of the history of the whole world before First Class to limit them.

20. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I think its more reasonable to assume the Trask website is based on events from the X-Men: First Class film rather than the original trilogy. It makes much more sense since they're proudly declaring that the Sentinels have been online and battling mutants for 50 years (which makes sense based upon the events in that film). They've also been actively eradicating the "X-gene" for nearly as long, which doesn't match up with the last film at all. It's kind of hard to reconcile all of that with the original trilogy.

Which pretty much means the First Class universe is more akin to Star Trek's mirror universe than anything. Or at least it lead to that darker fate until the time travel hijinks take place to correct it.