HELP iPhone trouble Gone dead!

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Shatinator, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Shatinator

Shatinator Commander Red Shirt

Hi Trek Community..

So my gf iphone 5S has "died", it won't turn on, appears not to be charging. It was fully charged last night, but this morning completely dark. I tried connecting to my HP computer, it recognized the phone but then registered an error and could not continue.

I am not an iPhone user so besides hunting around on Google, i am not sure where to go for an answer??

2. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

My mom just had a similar issue with her 5C. She took it to the Apple Store and it was dead as a doornail. How old is the phone?

3. Shatinator

This phone is about a year old my gf tells me. What happened at the Apple store. Did they need to replace it...what did they say was the cause / failure?

4. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wife had the same problem last week. She took it to AT&T and the guy said he'd seen several that day. Hold the home button and the power button(?) at the same time for several seconds and see if it reboots. My wife's has been fine since then.

5. Shatinator

Thanks. We have got the phone working again. I've done some research, and yes I think the two button solution is a good fix. Though I had no notion, these devices had so many internal quirks. I understand that even some assumingly acceptable chargers could damage the phone in some cases.

Not being a iPhone user, I have learned quite a lot this morning. Thank to all... :techman:

6. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I had that happen yesterday too and one time before.

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Thing is the phone is not off. It's just frozen and appears off. power+Home will force a reboot and you are good to go.

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

You think you have troubles...I'm still trying to text on my rotary...wait...