Typhon Pact/TNG Novels

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by jhempel24, May 10, 2013.

1. jhempel24

jhempel24 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm trying to get back into reading these, and I've noticed a few TNG novels and Typhon Pact novels out.

My question, is how do they fit in with the timeline with each other? Should I read one before the other?

I'm on Indistinguishable From Magic on the TNG side, and Plagues of Night on the Typhon Pact side.

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

The TP novels can be read on their own - they will still make sense, but its worth reading them all. There are only a couple of sub-par titles (I didn't like Seize The Fire or Zero Sum Game - others do) but I would suggest reading them in publication order as there is some measure of continuity.

3. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

The flowchart in my signature should answer your question. Don't be intimidated if it looks like a lot though - you can jump on anywhere. It should help you figure out the order though.

4. jhempel24

jhempel24 Lieutenant Red Shirt

PERFECT!!! Thanks so much!!

5. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

No problem. That's why we made it :)

6. Ktrek

Ktrek Captain Captain

I love your flowchart Thrawn but my head still spins every time I look at it! :cardie:

Kevin

7. Silver47

Silver47 Cadet Newbie

What I REALLY need is an itemized list of what to read in what order. I don't like to make my own decisions.

8. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm working on a site that will do just that. I'll post something for you in a bit when I have more time to write.

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's a partial screenshot from the TNG page of my work in progress website. Add in the Titan and Aventine Typhon Pact novels and you'll have a complete recent Typhon Pact/TNG novel reading order. Hope this helps Silver47.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/ryan123450/TNG.png

10. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And I have also found that each books explains events from others so it doesn't matter. I couldn't finish Paths of Disharmony as I found it boring and tedious and yet I know everything that happened in it by reading TP books that came after it.

11. Silver47

Silver47 Cadet Newbie

Fantastic! Thank you for the run-down.