More Star Wars films announced

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, that's how you feel about The Clone Wars? No title crawl with these.

2. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

They present it in the form of a quick narrated visual montage, but it's essentially the same thing.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The Season 5 finale of The Clone Wars aired this morning on Cartoon Network and while most fans are convinced the show will get greenlit for a Season 6 there are still some who feel that the plug will get pulled due to recent declining ratings and interest in the series as well as the Disney takeover.

Lucas once said his main goals with the animated show were to tell some great stories and make 100 episodes, and since he's accomplished both over the last five years it really won't be any shock to many fans if Lucasfilm and CN come to some sort of agreement to cease production. That said, there are still quite a few loose story ends to tie up as well as the act of connecting the series to the events of Episode III to provide closure so most of us are predicting we'll get one more season and that'll be all she wrote.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 6 should be titled "Battle Royale".

5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Leia:

Palm Beach Illustrated

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Carrie Fisher is returning to Star Wars... but who is she going to play? Didn't Jabba the Hutt die in Return of the Jedi?

8. cooleddie74

Classy. I know she's not an old 19-year-old codger anymore, but still....

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Precisely.. it's been more than 30 yeas and people change. I'm really looking forward to these movies now that the original crew is back together and am really curious how they will write them given the age.

They will of course not run down a unit of Stormtroopers (or maybe Han will.. he never struck me as a guy who'd let something like age keep him from doing impulsive stuff) or swing across chasms by hanging onto a cable.

The entire movie will depend on the casting of the new generation who'll take up the action part and i really hope they get some good ones.. Jennifer Lawrence for Jaina Solo! :techman:

One thing that really puts me in a good mood is that Lucas will be nowhere near the script or the director's chair.. i love and respect him for starting the whole universe and having a huge imagination but he's really not a good writer and director.

So let's keep our fingers crossed, forget the second trilogy and just cheer as loudly as we can when the crawl begins!

10. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's hope we don't get a Jaina Solo this time.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Trek got a rest becuase the last show tanked in the ratings and Nemesis sucked. Not to mention ratings that were gradually declining around the end of TNG and movies that felt like two hour episodes.

Except season 6 has already been confirmed.

12. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Great news that Carrie has confirmed her participation.. I know we're all looking for Hamill and Ford's confirmations as well, but I'm also holding out hope that Denis Lawson will be approached about reprising Wedge Antilles... I can see him a big time general or Admiral at this point..

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Really excited about this news, but it's still going to be really weird seeing those actors as Han, Luke and Leia again (whether it's Ford interacting with Chewbacca again, or Hamill weilding a lightsaber...)

14. cooleddie74

Has Season 6 been confirmed? Officially?

The last I read on the fan sites things were still up in the air and Cartoon Network and Lucasfilm had yet to come to a final decision.

15. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

I never even thought about the possibility of Wedge coming back. That would certainly be awesome

16. cooleddie74

You might be surprised how many people don't know that Lawson is Ewan McGregor's uncle (his mom's brother). If Wedge returns and we also get Ewan as Obi-Wan's Force ghost it'd be the first time both family members have ever appeared onscreen in the same project.

17. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

It certainly would... I was one of those kids who always wanted to "play" Wedge when we played Star Wars when I was little...

Might have to start a campaign to put him on JJ's radar... :)

18. EnsignRicky

John Ratzenberger as Supreme Chancellor Derlin.

19. cooleddie74

You just transcended from mere mortal to posting legend.

20. EnsignRicky

Also known as Evil Lord Porkchop.