Wow, Farscape was awesome!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Zoloft, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Zoloft

Zoloft Vice Admiral

I watched the whole series last fall for the first time, over about a month. I was depressed for a couple of weeks after it was over for not having any more to watch. Thanks to this forum for making me aware of it. I'd rank it as one of the best sci-fi TV series ever.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It's certainly my favorite show. You should check out the new series of comics. They're surprisingly fantastic.

3. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn right! :cool:

Glad you enjoyed it, also. It's always nice to see Farscape get more attention.

4. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I love Farscape. Funny, intense, and so fucking weird.

And Aeryn Sun. Even my fiancée had a crush on her. :adore:

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great show. I wish Ben Browder would do something other than Stargate (not that I know if or when there's more DVD stuff).

6. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome aboard! Scapers always welcome new travellers!

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Farscape is my second favorite series, behind only Doctor Who.

I still need to get hold of the comics...

8. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I need to get back to this series.

I think I only got up to the episode when they meet Chiana....(who is very cute, I think)...

There was another actress I thought was cool and very cute; an actress from the episode PK Tech Girl....

There were a couple of episodes that seem to be too psychological for me, which--I think--turned me off.

I may catch it again in the future when time permits...

9. Zoloft

Zoloft Vice Admiral

Definitely get through season one, it turns into a somewhat different show after that.

10. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Farscape had the best SF romance in my opinion.

11. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Will do...!:techman:

Hmmm....;)

12. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I very much agree. John and Aeryn just glowed with chemistry.

13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Indeed. John and Aeryn's relationship is how television romances should be handled (on a fundamental level).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  14. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly, not just in science fiction, but I'd say it's one of the best TV romances, period.

15. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Farscape indeed rocks. Great series. I finally got arround to buying it last year.

Also if you haven't seen the Peacekeeper Wars mini series, definitely watch that if you want to see how it ends.

16. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad you liked it Zoloft.:techman::techman: I just finished watching the complete series set myself. I had watched them when they originally aired but didnt finish because I had missed a couple of eps. This was before youtube and efficent streaming online so I had no way to watch them. The show was heavy into arc stories by that time and I didnt want to watch out of order. I waited over 6 years to finally finish watching.(9 episodes and the mini is what I hadnt watched) The show was too expensive on dvd and rarely ran on tv. So I have been patient these 6 years. It was great fun going through all 4 seasons agina and the mini.:)

I dont think I will ever like another scifi show as much as this ever again.(Though Doctor Who is coming very close to it)

17. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed this show quite a bit as well - watched it all on DVD a couple of years ago. I like the tacit acknowledgement from the creators that they knew they had a small cult audience, and weren't ever going to achieve mainstream success with the show, so they never even bothered to try - they wrote it specifically for the niche audience. It was more filled with inside jokes, arcane references to distant episodes and deep, lengthy story arcs than pretty much anything else at the time that I'm aware of. People who complain about "Lost" being complicated wouldn't last 10 minutes into any given "Farscape" episode ... ;)

I also loved the Muppet Aliens. Yes, I know the show a certain amount of grief from critics because of the Muppet characters, but Henson's crew did a better job of creating real alien-seeming aliens with those Muppets than the vast majority of far-more-expensive attempts with CGI and special effects in other productions.

18. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes it is. Just finished the series again (Not sure when I'll get to Peacekeeper Wars) and it's as good if not better than ever. I was actually surprised on how great Season 4 was, despite many people not liking it. The back half starting with Unrealized Reality was Farscape at the top of it's game.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The reason people tend to dislike Season 4 is more SciFi's fault than anything. After the awesome arc that ended Season 3, Skiffy insisted that the writers go back to a more episodic format. This was annoying because all we as fans really wanted was to get back to the wormholes! Unfortunately, because of the new format, we had to wait almost half a season before we really got back into the big story (starting with Unrealized Reality)...AND THEN they did that stupid winter hiatus thing that SciFi is famous for, so we didn't get the second half of Season 4 for several more months!

20. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Concurred. D'Argo/Chiana was just awesome.

No, really, it was seriously screwed up, especially the stuff that happened twixt seasons two and three.

My favourite example is the ending arc from season two, which has a whole stretch that amounts to 'hey, remember all these aliens of the week from last year? THEY'RE BACK! And oh wait, aliens from this episode are lead by the guy from that other episode!'

That was actually one of the Farscape episodes I saw in passing on Skiffy and I had no idea what was going on. When actually watching the series it made sense.