Fix an episode---Requiem for Methuselah

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Grant, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I agree, you could also say Romeo Montague suffered it as well.

2. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apart from the fact that the sick bay was under the watchful eye of Dr.M'Benga and others that we didn't know of we mustn't forget that McCoy stayed down on the planet to check the Rytalin and found it wasn't pure enough! They had to go find some better quality stuff with McCoy aiding the M4 robot!
    JB

3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Flint was the last immortal on earth and after killing Duncan McLeod in a final battle in Los Angeles claimed the prize! Which was a one way ticket to planet Holberg and a bit of peace and quiet! ;)
    JB

4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not having listened to much of Brahms or being very knowledgeable about classical music, I've always wondered... How did the "lost Brahms" compositions in this episode compare to his real music? Was there similar structure, cadence, melodies, etc.?

I do like how the "forget" mind meld kind of loosely ties to the much later and famous "remember" mind meld. What other simple commands can be transmitted with a brief mind meld? Perhaps "act like a chicken." Or better yet, "make me dinner" or "clean my house."

Kor

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  5. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like it.

6. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The waltz is just something that keyboardist Ivan Ditmars composed on short notice, in a "period" style. I'm given to understand that it does not resemble Brahms' actual style at all. But still, it turned out pretty good.

7. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Flint/Brahms would surely change over time. But no, it doesn't sound much like Brahms' piano works to my ears.

Kinda funny, Spock just sits down and sight reads it perfectly. Anything Spocko CAN'T do? There's a moment in Taxi where Rev Jim sits down at a piano and is a virtuoso. Stops and says in that voice, "Whoa, I musta had lessons sometime."

8. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, we had already seen that he was proficient with the Vulcan harp/lute. :)
    So maybe when he was younger his human mother also made sure that he was familiar with Earth music too?

Kor