What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just started Alan Wake. Forced myself to play it so I would be doing something other than CoD and Starcraft all the time (Platinum in everything, Diamond in 4v4, woo, movin' on up).

Got through episode 1 of Alan Wake which seems like a good natural stopping point for the night. Pretty fun. Great graphics. I can see the combat getting a bit repetitive but we'll see where they go with it. So far though I'm really liking it, and kind of wish I had gotten to it earlier.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed Alan Wake, even if the combat did get a little repetitive. Fun story, cool characters, and great atmosphere.

I wish I'd bought the game new though, in retrospect, so that I could get The Signal DLC for free. If I'd known about it back then I would have paid the extra $6 for an unused copy of the game. :p

3. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Thats horrible shorthand name for a game.

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As do I. So far things aren't pretty and they're only going to get worse:)

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

How bout AssCBro? :D

6. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

ASCII, Bro...

7. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

better. :p

8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on Sith Warrior on the Dark Side. I heard the Darth Maul fight and Star Destroyer level were pretty tough, but I got through them easily. The second Vader fight kinda pissed me off though. I plan on playing through it again on Sith Master to try to get all the holocrons and the rest of the achievements.

I've also been working on getting all the achievements for Forza Motorsport 3, so as a side project, I've been going through the event list. I'm about three achievements away from having all of them.

Next up, I can't decide between Dante's Inferno, Gears of War, or The Force Unleashed II. I'm definitely picking up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood in the next week, so the next game I play will be filler between now and then.

9. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I will be playing World of Warcraft for at least the next 3 months. :techman:

10. BRG

BRG Commander Red Shirt

My wee brother sent me up his copy of Red Dead Redemption, so I've been playing that non-stop in my free time over the last few days!
    Also been playing Formula 1 2010, although I suspect I'll drift away from that until the season fires up again in March.
    BRG

11. Garrett

Garrett Vice Admiral Admiral

I picked up Assassins's Creed Brotherhood tuesday and decided now would be a good time to finally get around to playing Assassins's Creed II. :p I'm on DNA sequence 4, I think. So far, it's a lot of fun. Definitely less repetitive than the first one. And I like the approach to upgrades in this one.

Besides that, I'm mostly playing Black Ops and Kinect stuff. I picked up EA Active Sports 2 on Tuesday, which has been mostly good. There are still some motion detection issues, but not nearly as many as I encountered with the first one on the Wii.

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Creed 2 is a very impressive game though it feels like seemed to have less assassinations than the first one.

13. Lonemagpie

Trying to get the willpower to complete Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty, which may well be the worst 360 game I've got, and praying that the one pristine controller I've got will survive the experience, after I hurl it violently at the wall in a screaming rage (even though this is supposed to be how I relax!) every ten minutes because 1) the game is so buggy and glitched that it tends to spawn enemies in a room just *after* I've entered, so I get shot by an enemy that isn't spawned yet, and 2) the checkpointing is fucking diabolical, sending me back at least ten or fifteen minutes' worth of sub-PS2/GC animation and textures every fucking time that happens.

And it doesn't help that basically it's a knock-off of the vastly underrated squad-based shooter Freedom Fighters, but with graphics that have stepped *backwards* instead of up a generation. Seriously, this fucking turd wouldn't look out of place on the N64.

14. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just started the first Assassin's Creed for PS3, and FF IV on DS.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Holy crap I almost threw away AssCBro in disgust on my first fight with a Borgia Captain. I only had to fight him ten goddamn times before I could kill him. He's surrounded by ten guys and you have to swipe him about twenty times. Christ. Apparently you were supposed to throw him into a fence or something which I didn't know until after the fact and it said mission failed 'cause I guess I wasn't reading the screen when the mission initiated.

But once I got past that the game got playable again :p

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Sometime within the next week or so, I plan on starting BioShock. Yes, the first one. Yes, I know I'm way late to the party. :p

17. Lunarflower

Lunarflower Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah they can be annoying. Though after getting my group of assassins going, and getting the ability to rain arrows down on unsuspecting guards. I took out one Borgia Captain without any difficulty.

18. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah i bought this for the PS3, loaded up the first level and thought they had sold me a PS2 game which was running via backward compatibility, i did not get past the first level plus add to that codemaster lack of trophy support in their PS3 games and its been sitting on the shelf every since....now that you have reminded me i will dig it out with a few more and trade it in.:techman:

19. Lonemagpie

I'm actually on something like the penultimate level, so I'm not sure I want to give up on it with so little to go...

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^If you have had the resolve to stick it this far go for it bud.:techman: