Do you think they will eventually add a alien regular to "Universe"?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Jayson, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed that the show has a all human characters in the show. This is actually a first but I think it will be something that changes eventually. I just hope they are more orginal than adding another warrior type to the show. I grew to like Ronan but we don't need to see a rehash of that character-type. I would love to see a asgard or maybe Furling. If your ever going to show the Furlings then why not do it by using one of them as a series regular? Kind of Spockish in that you would learn not just about the character but his/her society through him/her.

Jason

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Re: Do you think they will eventually add a alien regular to "Universe

Only if they do something with the character outside of the "noble warrior" archetype. It was becoming tired with Teal'c, and it was worn into the ground with Teyla and Ronon. Also, I worry that the show will be too transitory (the ship is always on the move) to justify a continuing alien presence. If they're struggling to survive, why are they picking up another passenger who can only help them for a short while with his/her knowledge?

3. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

Well you could always do the "last of his race" stuff with a new alien or maybe he is a outcast from his society and has nowhere to go. Finding a reason for the character to stay isn't that isn't that much of a worry for me. I would really like to see something that is really alien looking though, which could be expensive to do on a regular basis. One fun idea though might be a human-asgard hybrid. We know the asgard use to look somewhat more human from the episode were they cloned a teenager Jack O'Neil. This way you could have a actor in makeup but also a character that would sort of be human in some aspects but otherworldly as well.

Jason

4. RichMerk

RichMerk Captain Captain

Maybe he's a good cook who turns the captain's dining room into his own private kitchen and has a crush on the other cute alien chick they pick up who has no relevant skills whatsoever. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  5. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Plenty of those on Stargate. A 3 dimensional character would be more original. :p

I kid, I kid.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We know you aren't kidding, it's OK.

They will add an alien character if the show gets a second season. There will be an alien sometime on the show as a main character, if the show lasts long enough too.

If actors start ditching the show and they don't want any real travel with Earth than yes they will add aliens.

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

If they have an alien, it better be REAL alien, like a blob or something

9. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or a giant eyeball that crawls around. He/she/it could be the ship's counselor. Nobody would have any problems, just because they'd be too afraid to be alone with him/her/it.

Hey, it might work....

Sean

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds better than the whole Ori storyline!

11. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still say that they should have a snarky erudite intellectual AI voiced by Kelsey Grammer.

12. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

Neelix was not the first person to come to mind for me.

[​IMG]

13. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

that'll come after they start getting rid of characters that looked good on the planning board, but aren't as interesting as first thought. and i'm sure there will be some some like this.